4- Something Old, Something New (Peach & Perry)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

It's been a week since those last two stressful and dramatic days had gone by. The Mushroom Kingdom's greatest hero woke up late in the afternoon and got ready to go see his friends, casually walking. As he walked out of his house, he saw that the Odyssey was parked in front of his house this time. Though a bit confused, he went around it and went on his way to the castle.

Upon arriving, one of the royal toad guards said to him, "Oh! Hello, Mario. Your friends are in the princess's room."
"Got it," Mario responded, "thanks!"
Once he got there, however, he found the room empty with no one inside. There was, however, a tall ladder that led up to a strange room.
'Since when was-a THAT there..?' He wondered to himself. Out of curiosity, he climbed it up and, peaking his head through, found himself in an attic. There, he found Luigi, Peach, and the Bonneter siblings rummaging through boxes and antiques.

"Ay, what's-a goin' on here?" He asked.
"Looking for something..." the princess responded.
"'Something?'" The red plumber repeated, pulling himself up and stepping onto the old wooden floorboard.
"Yes. SOMEthing," Peach replied, "Just months ago, Toadsworth had left me something before he left the Mushroom Kingdom, but I can't seem to remember what it is or where I can find it. He DID say that it had some sort of power and that he wrote a letter on it."

"Oh..." Mario realized. "So why'd you get the others to help-a?"
"The princess promised us-a cake if we can-a find it," Luigi simply said.
"Yup!" Peach giggled.
"I have never tasted cake before, but I heard that it's SUUUPER YUMMY!" Tiara exclaimed.
"Right Big Brother?"
Cappy responded with a slight nod.
"Alright, you guys-a convinced me," Mario said and started helping them find that something.

It took them a long time, the latter of which they felt were hours, and they couldn't seem to find out where Toadsworth's gift was or where it is. However, Peach heard someone sobbing at the other side of the attic.
"Wait," she said to the others, "did you... hear that?"

Everyone else looked at each other and then at the princess. They were so focused on finding the thing for their reward that their thoughts had drowned out the sound. They shook their heads no and went back to work.
"I'm... gonna check it out,"the blonde reluctantly said, and she made her way to the other side.

Sure enough, she heard the voice get louder as she went to it. She then found a yellow parasol with light blue frills around it. It was then that she realized that this was the source behind the crying, though she wondered how and why. Upon picking it up, it stopped crying and instead started sniffling, and when she opened it, it sprouted out a face! And a tearful face at that! The parasol then slowly rolled its sad eyes to see her and said,

"Princess..?"

Peach squeaked and dropped the parasol, her brief scream alerting the others.
"Mamma Mia!" The Mario brothers simultaneously said.
"Princess?" Cappy worriedly cried.
The Mario brothers rushed up to meet up with Peach, who they thought to have gotten herself into trouble again, but halfway through, Luigi tripped on a box and Mario tripped on him.
"Guys! Guys," she said, "it's fine! I'm not hurt. Just got a little spooked."
the blonde princess awkwardly giggled and hesitantly picked up the parasol, noticing that on the back, there was a note attached to it with a bobby pin. Plucking them both out, she read:

My dearest Princess Peach,
As much as I'd love to stay with you, I'm afraid that I am to leave the world forever. I am getting old and sadly had to retire from being your advisor. The sentient umbrella that this note is attached to is Perry. I assume you know him, as he had once helped you rescue the Mario brothers and the toads as well. He is the gift I bestow upon you before I take my leave. You must take proper care of him now, for he is to be with you for the rest of your life.