Chapter 2

I woke up to someone gently shaking my shoulders

I woke up to someone gently shaking my shoulders. I groaned and rolled over snuggling deeper into my old pillow, then I immediately regretted it when I felt pain all over my body. I groaned again but this time in pain instead of annoyance.

"Blake, are you okay? Do you need painkillers?" I heard Teo ask. I just grunted in response. He left for a second then came back with a bottle of painkillers I stole from a pharmacy. He reached down and put his hand on my forehead. They were cold which felt really nice for my aching head. "You are burning up Bee, maybe we should stay home from school today." Teo said.

He is the only one who has ever given me a nickname. Teo came up with it when we were in second grade. I used to be a very sweet person until Paul came into the picture and got Mom hooked on drugs. We used to be really happy.

A couple of the boys in our class were making fun of Teo, so I went and beat them all up. He said I was as sweet as honey until you made me mad, then I would sting like a bee. Teo is the only one that cares about me and the only person I would trust with my life.

"You know we have to go to school Teo, they'll call Paul again if we don't show, don't you remember what happened last time?" I asked with a hint of attitude. "Of course I remember Bee, neither of us could walk for days. I just don't want you to get worse." He said. I immediately softened my tone, he was only trying to look out for me.

"I know Teo, I'm sorry for the attitude, but neither of us can take another beating." I said and he sighed. "I'll be okay, I promise. If I feel like I'm getting worse I swear I'll tell you and we can leave." I said as I held up my pinky. He grabbed my pinky with his own and we shook them up and down. I never, and I mean never, break my pinky promises.

Teo helped me stand up and I quickly got ready for the day. Teo was already dressed and we were running late so I had to hurry.

 Teo was already dressed and we were running late so I had to hurry

I quickly used some makeup to cover Teo's bruises, but left mine

I quickly used some makeup to cover Teo's bruises, but left mine. I always get into fights so people will just think that's where I got the bruises, which some were. Teo only fights when I get too cocky and he has to save my ass, he has always had a soft vibe about him, but when he gets mad you better watch out.

After we were ready we ran out of the front door and started our 20 minute walk to school. Mom and Paul are always gone in the morning doing God knows what, probably buying more drugs with money they don't have.

On the way to school I pulled out my airpods and gave one to Teo, then connected them to my iPhone so we can listen to music together. The first song to play was I want to hold your hand by The Beatles, Teo and I have always had the same taste in music and we love 60's rock and roll.

You are probably wondering how we can afford apple products if our 'parents' can't even pay the bills. Well, I am one of the best street fighters in the world, people call me Minerva the goddess of wisdom and war. I make at least 10,000 dollars for each fight I win, which is all of them.

Matteo is a curator of sorts, but for people. He gets a text from a client, and that client gives him a person to collect, then they pay him. He is known as Erebus the god of stealth and chaos. He honestly makes a bunch of money off of it, but he has never killed anyone, and neither have I. We both agreed to never take it that far.

We had to do something when mom stopped paying the bills, so we both started to fight as amateurs. We both fought angrily and sloppily, but we won. Then Grey found us and took us in. He taught us control and how to keep our emotions in check.

Grey has been more of a parent to us then either of ours, but we still don't completely trust him, we don't trust anyone but each other. He has been very kind to us though, and we will forever be grateful. After we learned control, I stayed in the fights, and I mastered them. Teo has always been the more reserved type, though, so he chose something a little less bloody.

We have to keep everything a secret though, if mom and Paul ever discovered how much we make, we would be completely broke the next day, so we only use our expensive stuff when they aren't around. I just can't wait until we can leave that awful place. Just 4 more years.

Then, we're gone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

855 Words

A/N: Hey ya'll, chapter 2 is here, I hope you guys enjoy it! I am so excited for this book, you guys have no idea how many ideas I have. Until next time.

Maddy