Chapter 3

Walking up to the school felt like every other day, with the constant stares and whispering

Walking up to the school felt like every other day, with the constant stares and whispering. It's like people don't know how to mind their own business. I honestly don't know what is so special about Teo and I, sure, we fight sometimes, but that's pretty much it.

I think they want an escape from their own boring lives, but doesn't everyone. We all want something to focus on other than the fact that our lives suck. A shitty job, annoying school, fake friends or a nightmare of a home life. We all just want something to focus on that doesn't have to do with ourselves.

I get it, I really do, but that doesn't mean they have to stare all of the time. Shit gets annoying. So I glared at all of them and they looked away the second their eyes met mine. I've heard my glare is pretty scary, I mean, I have had years of practice.

Before I could start a fight with someone, Teo grabbed my hand and dragged me into the building and straight to our math class. Ew.

"Ugh, you know what, let's just skip. I'll take the abuse over this mental tortue any day." I groaned. Lie. I would do anything to get away from that awful place, even sit through hours of math. And by the look on Teo's face, he knows it too, and he agrees.

He rolls his eyes and drags me into the class and all the way to the back. I might come to this class, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be a model student. I like to cause as much hell as possible and all of the staff know it, which is why they all hate me.

Oh look, speak of the she-devil and she shall appear. Ladies, gentlemen, non-binary's, and literally everyone else, here is my favorite victim, Mrs. Granite. She's a real bitch, I don't know how she is a teacher, since she tells us constantly that she hates children. Well it goes both ways lady, we don't like you much either.

"Miss. Garrett, why do you have your headphones on while I am trying to teach? Do I need to send you to the principal?" She screeched in her annoying high pitched voice. Is she serious right now? Guess it's time to put a bitch in her place.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Granite, but you just walked into the classroom. Plus, this has been happening all year, or are you just now noticing, maybe if you didn't have your head so far up your own ass, and actually paid attention to your students, like you're being paid to do, you would have noticed. And you know damn well I would rather go see the principle than sit in this boring ass class with you." I said.

I stood up and grabbed my backpack along with Teo's arm. We walked to the door, but before I left I held up my middle finger to Mrs. Granite and slammed the door on my way out. I could hear some of the students cheering while Matteo and I walked down the hallway.

After we turned the corner, Teo stopped and grabbed my shoulders, careful of the bruises, and turned me towards him. I looked up and saw him giving me a pointed look, before I could go to argue he sent me a small glare that had me slumping my shoulders. Teo may be a man of little words, but you definitely don't want to see him angry.