Chapter 6

Unedited

All of our heads snapped the door

All of our heads snapped the door. There was a man that looked almost identical to Ale standing in the doorway. He was about as tall as Ale and he had piercing blue eyes. I'll be honest, he is extremely intimidating, and that's saying something because I am never intimidated.

He first looks towards Ale and then his eyes scan the rest of the room before they land on Teo and I. I see his eyes flash with love and adoration before he slowly makes his way towards us.

We were both slightly pushed away from the table and there was enough space for him to crouch down in front of both of us. I've never felt this kind of stare before. It was full of parental love and excitement. 'Mom' and Paul never looked at us like this. It was weird.

He stared at us for a few seconds before speaking, "Oh my goodness, my little babies are all grown up, how did this happen?" He had tears in his eyes and for some reason it made my heart clench.

I slowly reached out and wiped a tear off of his cheek. He looked shocked for a second before he smiled. He stared for a few more seconds between Teo and I before clearing his throat and standing up.

He reached his hand towards Teo's face who slightly flinched, which didn't go unnoticed by our dad (That's weird to say), before softly placing his hand on his cheek and then doing the same to me.

Our moment was soon interrupted by Ale who cleared his throat. "Right, well, I'm feeling a bit jealous now. The only thing I got was a glare when I walked in. Anyway Dad, could you seen the guardian-ship papers so we can get out of here."

Our Dad looks at us both one more time before glancing at Ale and nodding towards the door. They both make their way over but before Ale exits he looks back with a look that says 'don't move or I will murder you and your entire family'. Jokes on you dude, we have the same family now.

After they've been gone for about two minutes I turn towards Teo. "How are you feeling about all of this?" I ask.

"I honestly don't know how I feel, I think I want to give them a chance though. I don't know why but as soon as Dad looked at us I could only feel love, I don't think he would hurt us." He replied

"You're right I felt the same, we still have to keep our guard up though, we can't give them our trust so soon even if we want to. Who knows if they will break it." I said. Teo gave me a look of agreement.

A few seconds later the door opened and Dad came in. "Okay, we are all set. Do you guys have everything, I know you probably lost it all on the fire so don't worry we can go shopping when we get back home." He said.

"Um, ya this is all we have with us the rest of it is gone." I said as I stood up with my school backpack that I take everywhere, it has all of my necessities. Teo stood up with me along with his bag.

Paul would sometimes go through our stuff looking for cash so we had to keep all valuables on us at all times. I guess it came in handy seeing as all of our stuff was burned to the ground.

"By the way where is home?" I asked.

"Oregon." He replied.

"Wait, so we are moving across the country? Honestly Ive always wanted to go to Oregon, it gives major Twilight vibes." I said while walking towards the door with Teo close behind holding my hand. "Maybe I can get my own vampire boyfriend." I said while looking over my shoulder with a smirk.

Both Dad's and Teo's heads snapped to me and at the same time shouted "NO BOYFRIENDS!!"

I just laughed while dad looked to Teo in shock, probably because this is the first time dad has heard him speak. I just shook my head whilst walking towards Ale. He looked towards me and smiled before looking at Dad and Teo and smiling.

I looked back to see why he was smiling and saw the two of them talking. I was honestly shocked, Teo doesn't talk to anyone but me. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of him for talking to someone else, but this also means he has put some trust into our father I just hope it wasn't misplaced. I have always wished for a large and loving family, and maybe I subconsciously knew that I already had one, but I hope we can stay with them and build a life in Oregon.

I turned back to Ale and he motioned for me to follow him. We walked out of the police station and to a shiny red SUV that I don't know the name of. Ale took my bag and opened the door for me. The inside was not what I was expecting, it was a limo style so all of the back seats were in a circle like shape, but it was a lot bigger.

I climbed in first followed by Teo and then my father and eldest brother. Dad looked towards the driver and told him to take us to the jet, whatever that means, and then pushed a button and a sliding screen came up between us and the driver. That's cool.

We sat in an awkward silence for like ten seconds before I couldn't take it anymore, "So where have you guys been our whole lives?" I blurted. Wow Blake what a great way to start this conversation. I looked at Teo who just facepalmed and shook his head. Then I looked at Ale who was looking at Dad who seemed to be a bit frozen.

I snapped my finger in front of his face and that snapped him out of it. "Well, when you guys were two years old, your mother filed for a divorce. She told me that she never loved me and she was only in it for the money and that she was in love with someone else. She told me she wanted to take everything and when I wouldn't give it to her she got angry. One night she broke in and took as much money as she could find, along with the both of you and left. She wanted to hurt me in the worst way possible and she knew I would always love my kids more than her, especially my little babies, so she took you. I searched and searched and searched but I could never find anything, but that doesn't mean I stopped. I continued to look for you until I got the call a few hours ago that you had been found. I cannot explain to you how much I missed you and the deep regret I feel for not finding you sooner. I love you both so much."

When he finished his story I had tears in my eyes. I can't believe that bitch took us from a perfect life and a perfect family. I wish I could raise her from the dead just so I can kill her myself.

I didn't realize my tears had fallen until I felt Teo's hand on my cheek wiping them away. I looked at him to see him in the same position as me. As if we came to a mutual agreement we nodded to each other before leaning over and trapping our dad in a hug. Our dad, I think I like the sound of that.

——————————————————————————-
1300 words

A/N: hey ya'll 🫣🫣sooooo i know it's been such a long time, I honestly have no excuse for how long i've been gone, i honestly just lost my passion for a good while there

A/N: hey ya'll 🫣🫣
sooooo i know it's been such a long time, I honestly have no excuse for how long i've been gone, i honestly just lost my passion for a good while there. I was so stressed with school and work and i just gave up. butttt im in a better place now and my schedule has really cleared up since I graduated. i definitely want to get back into writing bc i honestly love it so much. idk idk. im not going to set any type of schedule rn or try a set time of updating i just think it unmotivates me. but i will be updating more often.

anywayyyysss, i hope you guys enjoyed and lmk what you think

love maddy