Chapter 4

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️Abuse‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

As soon as I was done with my piece, I took a few steps back to look at my work. I am very impressed with myself. The principal only came in once and I was still outlining so he couldn't tell that I wasn't doing what I was supposed to. Teo came and stood beside me while looking at the art with scrutinizing eyes.

Finally he squinted a bit, then looked over at me and gave me a large smile that only I get to see. "It looks beautiful Bee, I say it's one of your best." He pulled me into a hug and we both just stood there for a moment. Then, he pulled away and looked at the painting again.

"So, how are we going to explain this to Mr. B?" he asked. I turned to him with an evil smirk. "Don't worry big brother, I have a plan. I stated. I heard him say something under his breath like "I am so going to get expelled".

 I heard him say something under his breath like "I am so going to get expelled"

Right after that we heard the gym doors fly open and we turned to see Mr. B standinding there with his arms crossed over his chest and his bald head shining under the luminescent lights of the gym. "And what do we have here Miss. Garrett, I see you took my idea as only a suggestion, I thought I was specific of what I wanted" he said with a stern look. I looked down before kicking my toes at the ground.

"Well Mr. B, I was just thinking about how the painting could have a much deeper meaning, I'm sorry but my inner feminist just kind of came out. Plus it has to do with history, you know, Women's Suffrage and all." I glanced up to see his scowl turning into a smile. He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, luckily not noticing my flinch.

"It's beautiful Blakely, honestly it's way better than my idea." he said while releasing me and looking at the painting. We all stood for a minute in silence before Mr. B clapped, making Teo jump and causing me to flinch a little. He turned to us with a huge smile that I couldn't help but return.

"Well kiddies, It's the end of the day, why don't you run home and tell your parents of the exceptional work you did today." he said while pushing us out the door. "What's the rush Mr. B, got a hot date with Darcy?" I questioned with a teasing smile. His eyes widened slightly while his mouth dropped open, "how did you-" He started to say but quickly cut himself off by clearing his throat.