The sadness in ones heart

Jean: "Outrider Amber!"

Today was a regular day in mondstat. The sun was shining, the birds were flying, and the drunkards were getting zapped by Lisa.

Amber: "Grand master Jean! What do you need from your outrider today?"

Jean: "have you seen traveler? I've been searching for him for hours now and I can't seem to find him."

Amber: "he told me he was investigating something in liyue I believe? I'll make sure to look out for him tonight tho."

Jean: "alright thank you for your services and may the anemo god protect you."

Amber: "thank you grand master Jean." With that Amber headed out to patrol the city.

Night fall
Amber was on top of mondstat's walls then she noticed a certain boy with braids. Seeing him made her heart fludder so she jumped off the wall and glided full speed towards him, but noticed something. He had a dark sort of aura around him like he was mad, sad, and confused.

Amber couldn't stop and redirect herself somewhere else so she just keeps moving forward.

Amber: "Aether!!!" The boy looked up at her. There were tears in his eyes the light that were in his eyes were gone, it was like he was full of rage and sorrow at the same time. When Amber finally landed she tried to go up to Aether and say hi, but he just kept on walking.

Paimon: "Amber!!" Amber turns around to see a worried paimon.

Amber: "Paimon! What's wrong with Aether?!"

Paimon: "long story, can't go into details right now. Just follow me and stay outside the tavern." Amber was confused but stood by Paimons orders. She waited outside the tavern where the boy had just entered.

With Aether

Diluc: "ahh Aether come on in and sit what would you l-"

Aether: "get everyone out of the tavern except kaeya and venti."

Diluc didn't answer back he looked into Aethers eyes and saw something of his past, a look he once wore that faithful birthday of his.

Diluc: "everyone out of the tavern! We're closing."

There was mumbling among the drunkards and the people of the tavern, but they all got up and left but 2.

Venti: "so traveler *hic* what do you need from me."

Aether: "tell me everything you know about Khaenri'ah. NOW!"

Venti froze up and got a serious look on his face.

Venti: "so you were the one who I saw that day."

Aether: "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME FROM THR BEGINNING!!

Venti: "Aether calm yourself, I see why you're upset, so allow me to rest this story from the beginning."

So Venti sings away how Khaenri'ah fell and how he lost 2 friends in that period of time. A time where war among the nation's was uncommon.

Venti: "and that's what happened."

Aether: "I see. Then what about you. What do you have to do with this." He looked directly at kaeya.

Kaeya; "I have no idea what you mean."

Aether: "kaeya. Don't play dumb with me."

Kaeya went silent as Aether looked upon him.

Kaeya: "Aether. I understand the confusion and your frustration, but you're going to have to trust me in this one." He said in his usual voice.

Aether: "huh, is that so. Diluc I'm sorry for interrupting you're Business tonight, I'll be taking my leave now." Before diluc could respond Aether stormed out of the tavern.