Chapter 21: Every Time

I know I'm updating a little slower now but that's because I'm feeling kind of sick so I've been sleeping a lot. But anyway, here's another chapter! <3

-

-

Rosalía sits on the bed reading a comic book while Daniel lays with his head in her lap. He turns the drum in his hand, studying its movement. He's had that drum in his hands all day, he is determined to master the technique. He stops turning it and glances up at the girl. "Rosalía?" he mutters. "Hm?" she answers, not tearing her eyes away from the pages. "Can we go for a walk? I think it'd help me think better," he says. "Right now?" the girl asks, still reading her book. "Yeah," the boy confirms. He senses her hesitation, knowing she's invested in her 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' comic. He reaches up and lowers the book so she can see his face. "Please," he pouts, giving her an innocent expression and sticking out his bottom lip. The girl sighs, she can't say no to that face.

She closes her comic book and replies, "you're lucky you're cute... let's go." Daniel grins victoriously and hops off the bed, grabbing his drum and putting it in his pocket. Rosalía climbs off and follows him out the door. She links her arm with his and clasps his hand while gripping his bicep with her other hand. They slowly stroll through the village, watching people pass by and interact as they walk in comfortable silence. Daniel takes out his drum and starts playing with it again. They stop on a little bridge and Rosalía clings onto his arm as she admires his concentrated face.

"Wait, hold on a second," the boy utters, breaking free from her grasp. He imitates the drum's movement, twisting his torso from right to left. Kumiko walks onto the bridge and sees the couple, eyeing Daniel curiously. Rosalía feels her presence and turns to her. "Hey," she greets as the girl nears them. The boy turns to his girlfriend confused, then sees Kumiko. "Oh, hi," he politely greets. "Hello. I am disturbing you?" she questions, looking between the pair. "Nah, you're okay," Rosalía responds. Kumiko grins and asks, "what are you guys doing?"

"Oh, I was just practicing some moves, see?" Daniel answers, demonstrating. "What are moves?" Kumiko inquires. "He's doing karate. He's been trying to figure that thing out all day," Rosalía says. Kumiko chuckles and comments, "looks like O-Bon dance!" The boy looks taken aback for a second. "Well, then I must be doing something wrong," he assumes. "Oh, no, no, doing something right. Look," Kumiko replies. She pauses and glances at Rosalía. "I show you this, remember?" she asks, making Rosalía nod. She starts to hum a song and dance. The couple just watches her.

Rosalía lightly claps when she finishes and Daniel comments, "Wow, where'd you learn that?" Kumiko slightly shrugs and replies, "from my auntie." Rosalía just gazes at the girl with a smile. "You really love to dance, huh?" she asks. Kumiko giggles and nods. "Oh, my gosh, girl, we should teach each other dances! You could teach me O-Bon dances and I can teach you cumbia or something," Rosalía enthusiastically speaks. Kumiko smiles brightly, loving the idea. "I would like that. I can teach you now... you try," she responds, gesturing to both of them. "Okay," Rosalía chirps. "Oh, no, not me. I'm not very graceful," Daniel protests. His girlfriend gives him a look, asking him to try it. He sighs and gives in. "I'll try it," he utters.

"Good," Kumiko mutters before getting in position. She begins to hum and the couple follows her movements. Rosalía picks it up rather fast while Daniel struggles a bit more. "Right, left," Kumiko guides them. Toward the end, the two girls end up dancing in sync while Daniel has to watch them to get the next move. "How do you know it?" he asks his girlfriend. "By watching her. You know, dancer's mind," she replies with a smirk. "You are a dancer?" Kumiko asks her. "Yeah, I used to dance. I loved it," Rosalía says. She took dance at her high school in Texas but sadly stopped when she moved back to California. "Ohh," Kumiko reacts with a big smile, happy to have found another person with a love for dancing. Daniel softly grins, thinking about how Rosalía is always dancing. When they're alone and listening to music, he watches her choreograph to the song on the spot. My girlfriend is so talented.