Chapter 45: Terry's True Colors

We're almost at the end 🙊 

-

-

"Hello?" Daniel voices when he enters the Cobra Kai dojo. He walks further into the dark room, calling Terry's name. He switches the lights on and after calling for him a few times, Terry finally comes out. Daniel tells him his decision about not defending his title, expressing his gratitude toward him. Enraged by the boy's decision, Terry's true colors finally seep through. He's fed up and decides it's finally time for Daniel to learn the truth. "Let's show him what I'm talking about," he declares, causing Mike Barnes to come out of hiding. Daniel is taken aback when he spots him: the one who's been harassing him and his girlfriend. He can't believe that Terry's in cahoots with him.

Terry threatens Daniel, so he ignores him and tries to leave when Kreese suddenly pops out from behind a cardboard cut-out and scares him. The boy's backed up against the wall and he tries to fight his way out, but Mike is quick to fight back. "You're doing this to yourself, man... How could she choose you?" he spits as he grips Daniel's shoulder. He sends a strong punch to his gut, making Daniel grunt in pain while Terry and Kreese cheer him on. He channels his anger through every punch: his desire to take Daniel's title in order to get paid, his anger toward Rosalía for not giving him the time of day, and his jealousy of Daniel because he has the girl he wants.

"Let's see how much of a man she thinks you are now!" he insults as he roughly shoves him to the side. The men cackle while Daniel runs out of the dojo. As he sprints down the street, he hears a familiar voice call his name. He stops in his tracks and spins around, spotting his girlfriend and Mr. Miyagi climbing out of a car parked by the sidewalk. He jogs toward them and engulfs Rosalía in a bear hug. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asks him as they rock from side to side. "You were right about him. H-he's- he's sick, he never wanted to help me," Daniel chats. The girl furrows her eyebrows and sighs. She hates being right sometimes. "It's okay, we're gonna fix this, alright?" she assures him. He nods his head against her shoulder before they finally pull away.

Rosalía turns around and notices Mr. Miyagi walking toward the dojo so she follows him. As she does, she views Mike Barnes running in their direction. Mr. Miyagi blocks his path, making him shout, "move, old man!" Miyagi doesn't budge so Mike tries to hit him. They move toward the dojo as they fight and Mr. Miyagi finally throws him through the doors. Mike screams as the impact makes the doors fly open and he lands inside. A smirk makes its way onto the girl's face. Mr. Miyagi powerfully walks through the doors with Rosalía on his tail. Now that is an Avenger's entrance, she thinks. Kreese and Silver's smiles slowly drop when they see them. Mike scrambles to his feet and backs away, recomposing himself.

His eyes land on the girl, who only stares at him coldly. "Well, well, well, look who's here. The big war hero and Danny's little pet," Terry mockingly announces, followed by his and Kreese's sinister laughter. "That was weak," Rosalía flatly remarks, not offended in the slightest by his comment. Terry frowns at her before addressing Mike. "What are you waiting for?" Mike instantly tries to strike Mr. Miyagi, who swiftly latches onto his arms and flings him to the wall beside him. Mike's hand slides over the light switches, turning them off as he hits the wall. Miyagi then shifts his attention to the two men in front of him. They face each other and recite, "party time" as they bow before facing Mr. Miyagi.