Chapter 3

I wake up and everything is at a funny angle.

"You sober enough yet?" I look up, when did Remus get to be so tall? I look at him and go to speak but a neighing sound comes out instead. I'm still in horse form.

I transform and stand up, running my fingers through my hair. "What happened? Why was I in my animagus?" I groan, the older man laughs, handing me some water. "Thank you."

"Last night, Sirius mentioned how fun being an animagi was, while you two were both drunk, you agreed with him and we were both surprised, as we didn't know that you were, so you changed even though I told you not to as you were pretty drunk. Then you got stuck in horse form and ran around the kitchen in a panic." Remus smiles as the realisation hits me.

"Damnit, why did I? You know what, I'm not even going to question myself. Drunk Y/N is the worst." I place the glass down onto the table in front of me.

"Thank you." Remus says. "What for?" My face morphs into an expression of confusion. "For coming into the Shrieking Shack every month with us, I remember you helping a significant amount. You carried me on your back through that tunnel that leads to the Hospital Wing."

"Any decent person would have done the same." I shrug it off. "Becoming an animagus isn't easy though Y/n." The man who sat opposite me studies my expression.

"True, I mean, it didn't take me a long time to do it. Managed to get it the first time around which looking back, is slightly impressive. I was in my second year when I did it." I pick the glass back up off the table and drank some more of the water.

"You know, it took your brother, James and Peter three years to get it. They started in second year but they didn't manage it until our fifth. I tried to talk them out of it as obviously it can be dangerous if not achieved properly. Sirius always joked about getting stuck as a half rhinoceros - half-human, he said he hoped that the top half of him would be rhino so he could barge into your mother." The both of us erupt into laughter, Remus' cheeks crinkle as he laughs.

"Morning!" Molly comes through and into the kitchen. "Ah, Y/n, you're back to normal." I laugh as my face flushes a shade of red. "Apologies for last night, this is why I shouldn't be allowed to drink."

Slowly, the house begins to wake up. Ron, Hermione and Harry were the first down, followed by the twins and Ginny. The table began to fill, there was just one seat left.

"Sirius!" I exclaim. "What?" George looks up from his toast. "He's still asleep." I smirk.

"Oh no, you have the Black smirk. Sirius always wore it when he was up to no good." Remus shakes his head, wolfing down his cereal. I grab the table, pushing so that my chair moved back and then I stand up.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Arthur asks, my smirk grows bigger. "Nothing." I say, changing my expression to one of innocence. "I don't trust you."

Before anyone else could say anything, I make a run for the stairs, going as fast as I possibly could. I race up the stairs, going two steps at a time and make a beeline for my brothers' room.

I came to a halt, I slowly push his door open. Sirius was still flat out, his soft snores filling his room. I tiptoe in, navigating my way across the creaky wooden floorboards which had been there for who knows how long. The house was ancient.

'The noble and most ancient house of Black' I roll my eyes, is it possible to scoff inside my head? Because I just did.

I get closer and closer to Sirius' bed. Once I was right by him, I turn back into a horse and clumsily clamber onto his bed, at his feet.

Neigh

Sirius bolts up, his face panic-stricken. "What in the name of- Y/n, what the hell?" Sirius screams and places his hand over his heart, trying to calm down from the shock.

"Your face." I double over in laughter after transforming back. "Why?" He groans leaning back onto his mound of pillows. "You weren't awake yet, so I thought I'd come and wake you up myself. Come on, let's go and have breakfast." I grab his hand and yank him up off of his bed.

"Alright, alright miss pushy." My older brother laughs, shaking his head at my childish behaviour. We make our way down the staircase and into the kitchen where I had left the others earlier.

"What happened?" Remus laughed as we made an entrance, Sirius' hair was still in a knotty mess as I had pulled him out of his room before he could sort himself out properly.

"Y/n is an evil person." Sirius grumbles, grabbing an apple and sitting on a vacant chair next to Harry. "What did she do?" Hermione asks.

"She bloody turned into a horse and climbed onto my bed and neighed in my face." Sirius sighs, taking a bite out of the apple in his hand. The kitchen erupts into laughter, I glance at Remus, his face crinkles as he laughs which is very adorab- no. No.

"Are you registered by any chance? I don't recall seeing your name on the registry list that I looked at in my third year." Hermione asks, pouring some milk into a bowl.

"What twelve year old has the common sense to register themselves as an animagus?" I say, smiling. "Fair enough."

"I'm disappointed that you didn't register, same goes for you Sirius." Molly shakes her head. "You're both such bad examples."

"But what if I want to roam freely as a horse without the Ministry on my back?" I shrug, rocking my chair back and forth.

"You're such a bad influence Y/n." Sirius rolls his eyes. "If I were the Ministry, I'd have padlocked you up in a stable years ago."

"Thanks Sirius."