Chapter 10

a/n: Y/n/n means your nickname (see later in chapter!)

"Can I see it?" I ask as the photo finished developing from Remus' muggle camera. Remus walked over to us all and held out the photo, it was beautiful.

Regulus was centred in the photo, my arms around his waist, stood in front of him, and Sirius was stood, back to the camera and arms around both Regulus and me.  

"Gemino, gemino," Remus muttered, two new copies of the photo appeared in his hand, Remus handed each of us a copy of said photo. "Thank you," I mumbled, running a thumb over the photo before pressing a kiss to Remus' cheek, his arm wrapped around my waist and he pulled me in for a kiss on the lips.

"Eww, Y/N, find a room." Regulus jokingly gags. I giggle at my younger brother who was shielding his face with his copy of the photograph. "Grow up." I jokingly roll my eyes at him.

----------------------

"Y/N?" A voice makes me jump out of my thoughts, I hadn't been able to sleep again and so I'd come back down to the room with the family tree in, tracing over each of the faces that had been blasted off for disgracing the most ancient and noble house of Black.

I spun around on my heels and came face to face with both of my brothers, confused expressions on their faces. "What are you doing? It's late." Regulus asks, glancing between the wall and me.

"I couldn't sleep." I answer honestly "So you came in here?" He asked, confusion was evident in his sleepy voice. "I like to come in here to think."

"What are you thinking about?" Sirius flung himself into one of the old, plush armchairs that Lucrettia and Ignatius Black, dad's parents, had put in the room years and years ago. 

"How different life would have been, had we all been Slytherins. Had I taken the Dark Mark, or, if we had had nicer parents, parents who didn't care about what house we were sorted into if our house sorting hadn't have ripped apart us three and caused so many issues. How different would life have been?" I sigh, Regulus' face softens and he comes closer, pulling me into a hug.

"Y/N." Regulus starts. "As much as I would have loved to have had a better relationship with the both of you, free from the torture that you two received - we can't do anything other than live now. I hate our past, but our relationship won't be as close as you wish, then we have to develop it now, and not dwell on the horrendous past."

"I agree - I hate the way we were brought up and torn apart as we all reached Hogwarts age, and then the past seventeen years while Regulus was dead, not dead, and I was in Azkaban, but, Regulus is right; we need to work on the present and rebuild the shreds that our parents left of us." Sirius says quietly from his armchair.

I nod, both were right and I knew that we needed to work on it now, it just still felt so wring that we were torn apart as kids, we were kids for crying out loud, and our parents divided us because of some stupid house differences in school - it destroyed the family completely.

Regulus and I moved and sat on the arms on either side of Sirius on his chair, I put an arm around my older brother, Regulus did the same. "I love you both," I say sleepily, my heading resting against my brother, I felt a kiss being pressed against my forehead before I dropped off to sleep on the arm of the armchair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Morning." I woke up, I'd been moved to the main seat of the chair, my brothers and Remus stood in front of me, grinning. "Morning," I mumble, rubbing my eyes and standing up, wobbling over slightly as the sleepiness hadn't quite washed away yet.