𝟎𝟎𝟏 - 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞

The bottle is pointing in her direction and she's sweating. Feels it dripping down her forehead, and he just licks his lips.

And stares. Feels like his electric green eyes are piercing through hers.

"I dare you to fuck me."

And all she could do was obey.

***

JADE GLANCES AT THE CEILING of the Great Hall, wonders if she's missed something. It doesn't make sense, how everything just turned back to normal. Like the war had never happened.

Yet here she is, staring at the serenely bright hues of blue in the sky and its frail, wispy clouds, wondering why all of it is so bright and not dark. 

She's in black. They're all in black and it's misplaced.  It's fucking disgusting and she misses the colors of emerald green and silver on her tie.

But it's all black.

Everyone's dark.

And Hogwarts expects them to see perspective.

She laughs, figures out the irony of it all. Because seeing perspective and being put in an all-black tie contradicts the point.

"It unites you." McGonagall had said, with a sleek smirk on her face.

No, it doesn't. It never will. Because deep down they're not on the same side. Slytherins are bad. Gryffindors are good.

That's what happened.

And they're reminded of it every day. Every single fucking day is a quest for survival and she's done.

It's this or Azkaban.

And the Gryffindors at the other side of the table make sure that they're reminded of it.

"They have the nerve showing up here," says Seamus Finnigan to his fellow Gryffindors, making sure it's loud enough for them to hear. "Locked up in Azkaban would've been a better compensation. Maybe the Dementor's kiss."

They snicker.

Theo draws his wand, Blaise shoves it back under the table.

"Better off dead, those snakes."  Seamus continues.

Weasley nods approvingly and her insides feel close to rupturing.

It's not like they chose any of it— didn't get a say in what their parents thought best for them—

She sees Pansy reach inside her robes. It's subtle, just a quick finger that slips inside, but they leave empty-handed because they're not allowed a wand. Only Theo is; a non-active member of the Death Eaters.

And she resents it. Wishes she could stab hers into Seamus's eyeball— reckons he deserves it. But it is safely stashed away in a Ministry vault and she only gets it back after a year of probation.

As useless as a house-elf.

It's degrading.

It insults her competence— the only thing that keeps her thriving and now she's just trapped. Trapped in a castle that's not her home anymore and torn between her ideals of blood purity and the uselessness of it all.

Her parents proved it to her, locked away in Azkaban with a Dementor's kiss on their sleeve.

She wishes she felt sorry for them, but they ruined it all for her; every chance at freedom and joyful youth. She blames it on their unrealistic ideals of blood purity. She never cared for it herself, just didn't want to disappoint daddy.