𝟹 ☆.☽.☆ sɪʟʟʏ

"Albedo."

A sudden spoke and the alchemist looked up in surprise before a pair of golden-brown eyes come into his view.

"Oh Y/N. Hey there." Albedo said as he stood up.

"I went to the other camp site where you were, I couldn't find you and then I learn that you moved away." Y/N said as Albedo moved around his laboratory.

"Yeah sorry, I couldn't inform you." Albedo said and she just shrugged it off saying it's fine.

It had been almost a month since she had arrived in Teyvat. She had gotten close to Albedo, Aether and Amber a lot. She liked to help Albedo or just silently watch him do his experiments. Albedo, as he says, finds her presence calming and isn't disturbed by her. Aether and Paimon still do their daily adventures and the most recent one had been going on for a week now. It had been a week since she saw Aether and, since she was used to his presence, she felt a bit...alone.

Amber checked up on her time to time however she also had her duty as a Knight if Favonius as well. Overall, Y/N only had Albedo who would let her stay and give her company. She enjoyed his company. Albedo didn't talk much but she liked seeing him do his experiments and reading his work papers.

"Hey Albedo, why do you stay so far from people?" She asked as she looked through his drawings.

"It is tiring for me to keep relations and communications with others. I can't seem to do it." Albedo said and Y/N smiled, fully understanding his dilemma.

"I understand. These are pretty." She compliments his drawings.

"Thanks."

The two of them sat in a comfortable silence. The sound of glass bottles, pages turning and the smell of books provided a strange tranquility. A moment shared between them. These moments may to seem much to there but for them it was serene. Just silently staying by each others sides as they gave silent reassuring and comfort. Albedo didn't know why he felt this comfort around a girl he met not too long ago. Perhaps it had been the way she would get him snacks or brew tea for him when he would exhaust himself with new discoveries.

"Do you miss your world?"

The sudden question had caught her off guard. She stopped her movement of being midway turning a page and stilled. She let a deep breathe and looked up from the book.

"You can't really miss a place that barely has anything to miss Albedo."

Her words had him surprised. The time they had known each other, Y/N always had this calm and collected aura around her. But there was also this strange strength as well. Her eyes were an amazing color but they lacked the brightness. They were full and it was rare that Albedo would see them full of life.

"Can you tell me something about yourself? I barely know anything about, except your name and that you're an outlander " Albedo said as he sat infront of her. The two faced each other and her lips curled into a smile.

"I'll warn you, you're the only person I'm saying this to. Don't tell anyone Albedo, don't break the trust we have formed." She said with a strange underlying tone.

"Of course." He said, he wouldn't dare break the trust they had formed. From what the alchemist had noticed, Y/N may have smiled and acted politely to others but she didn't trust them. She was always wary and on guard around others except for him, Amber and Aether.

"I was an unwanted child, an accident you could say. I was the defected child that no one wanted so they ignored me." She smiled yet Albedo felt chills down his spine when he saw her smile.