{8}

****Monday****

You hadn't spoken to Iwaizumi all weekend. You hadn't spoken to him since you kissed him in his kitchen, before you had to leave and go home.

However that didn't mean the boy hadn't seen you.

He found it strange how you refused to have him drop you off at home, he had no idea that if your mom saw a boy drop you off she'd flip her shit and probably disown you, so he scratched at his brain - desperately hoping you weren't losing interest in him.

This growing insecurity he had that you regretted kissing him lead him to driving to your house, again, parking in the same secluded spot he did last time to stare into your window. He spent 2 hours just watching you, and though he knew it was wrong he just couldn't convince himself to go home.

It's not like I'm spying on her, she's not doing anything she wouldn't want me to see, and I just want to see her. There's nothing wrong with that.

Now it was Monday though, and it was safe to say the ace was more than excited to see you today. He planned to make you his girlfriend, that way he could protect you in the best ways he could.

You were anticipating seeing Iwaizumi as well, the kiss never left your mind either.

Giving you an excuse to see him you decided to go to school a little early, knowing the the ace would be at his morning volleyball practice so you could return the clothes he'd loaned you.

"Oh, hey y/n, what's up?" Maki greeted you at the entrance to the gym, leaning his forearm on the door frame casually.

"Uhmm, is Iwaizumi here?" You asked, your once bubbly and excited attitude for seeing the boy now transpired into nerves.

"Yes, he is" Maki deadpanned. Making you look at him with a confused expression on your face, you at least expected him to call Iwaizumi over, at least get the hint you wanted to speak to him.

"I'm kidding," he chuckled, amused by how nervous you clearly were.

"Oh" you laughed along side him. More so internally shouting at yourself to get your act together.

Maki called for Iwaizumi, leaving you to take a deep breath and calm yourself.

"So... did you guys fuck or..." Maki spoke to you while Hajime jogged over.

"What?! No!" Blush painted both of your cheeks, heat rising to your skin at the sheer bluntness of the joker in front of you.

"Oh, shame... when you do can you tell me how big he is?" Maki smirked slightly, giving you a hint that he was joking this time.

You shrugged your shoulders "sure" before laughing along with the tall boy in front of you.

Iwaizumi saw you laughing with Maki and immediately felt possessive again, jealousy pierced his heart at this sight of you being so friendly with another boy.

"Oi, Maki, I think Shittykawa called you" Iwa lied, he wanted his friend to leave so that he could have a moment with you alone.

"Okay, see you later y/n" Maki waved at you before waking over to his captain. You gave him a friendly smile in response.

That left you and Hajime in an awkward silence, neither of you really knowing what to say due to the thick tension between you two.

"Are you okay? Class doesn't start for a while" Iwaizumi was the first to speak, lucky for you.

"Yeah I'm good, I thought I'd come in early to give you the clothes you let me borrow" you reached into your bag, pulling out the t shirt and pants you'd worn at his house.

"Oh. You could've just kept them" he said, slightly irritated you'd washed his clothes, since they now wouldn't smell like you.

There it was again, that silence that spoke a thousand words.

"So... I'll see you in class later then" you decided to try and excuse yourself from the awkwardness, but Iwaizumi didn't want you to leave.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you, and since practice finishes in 10 minutes do you mind waiting?" Hajime brushed a strand of hair behind your ear, trying to convince you to stay, and when you blushed he knew he'd won.

"Okayyyy" you dragged out the word, throwing a lazy smile at the boy, but also curious as to what he wanted to talk about. You were nervous it was going to be negative, that he was going to tell you he regretted Friday - but his body language was telling you otherwise, so you found yourself a little excited.

Iwaizumi went back to practice, then 15 minutes later emerged in his school uniform, along side the rest of his team.

"Y/n-chan! Did you come all this way for me?" Oikawa noticed you, and took it upon himself to shower you with attention. Though the collar of his shirt was harshly pulled from the back by Iwaizumi, who dragged him away from you.

"No Shittykawa. Go to class"

"Iwa-chan, you're so violent" Oikawa walked away with the rest of the team, you and Maki sharing polite smiles as you passed each other.

When everyone became out of sight Iwaizumi turned to face you, he seemed slightly nervous

"So... What did you want to talk about?" You asked him, fiddling with the hem of your checkered skirt.

Hajime noticed this, and wrapped his fingers around both your hands, caressing them with his thumbs so he could.

"Well... I know we haven't known each other that long, and this is a little awkward for me to say-" he smiled at the end, a small chuckle escaping his lips.

You looked at him with wide eyes, unsure of where his sentence would finish.

"I like you" he blurted out.

At first you were completely shock, in awe, but once your mind processed what had happened your lips tugged into a smile, one that the boy confessing to you wished he could see everyday. He made a mental note to remember this expression, how you looked, forever.

"I don't have flowers or anything special, but I'm going to ask you anyway..." he cleared his throat.

"Will you go out with me?"

You practically threw yourself at him, wrapping your arms around his neck with your body pressed against his. He lifted you off the ground a little as he hugged you, taking that as a yes, before setting you back down on the floor and once again looking at your absolutely beautiful smiling face.

The face that belonged to the person he would make sure he spent the rest of his life with.