{10}

It'd been a few weeks since you and Iwaizumi had started dating, and of course word got around fast.

You didn't mind though, you were still in blissful ignorance, too naive to understand what was actually going on.

For example, it had occurred to you that your friends were acting strangely towards you - Okamoto had fully ignored you, Fukuda would always whisper things to Miya whenever you were around, and the boys barely acknowledged your existence anymore. However this just lead to you spending lunches watching the volleyball practices of eating on the roof with the Seijoh team.

That was until today, when Miya decided to talk to you.

"Hey... uhh y/n" the girl called you, making you whip your head round to look at her and her nervous aura.

"Oh, go on ahead, I'll see you later Hajime" you pecked his cheek quickly, before skipping off to your best friend.

"Okay, don't be too long" he cooed, sending a glare to your friend once you weren't looking.

"Hey, is everything okay?" You asked her, words laced with confusion.

"Yeah... I guess it's not really me, more so the guys but-" she hesitated, wondering how to word what she was about to say. "Well we all just wanted to talk to you about it"

You cocked your head, brows furrowing and mind conjuring up the different possibilities of things she could say. What had you done?

"Let's go sit somewhere, and talk"

"Okay" you nodded.

~~~

"So... what is it?" You were sick of the beating around the bush, the holding back. You were itching to know what was on the tip of your best friends tongue.

"Basically, it's about..." she took a deep breath "Iwaizumi"

"Iwaizumi?" You scoffed, hardly believing the situation.

"I'm serious, he's- well, we all think he's gotten a bit out of control" she explained, eyes dead serious.

"What do you mean by that? How is he out of control? He's always been nice to me..." your voice trailed at the end.

"Yeah well that's hardly surprising" Miya muttered, but quickly fixed herself when she saw your brows furrow even more "look, what I'm saying is he needs to leave us alone, he's way too jealous for his own good"

"I'm confused, he hasn't even spoken to you guys" you shook your head, trying not to believe the words she was saying, but quickly glueing your eyes to her when she burst into laughter.

"Hasn't spoken to us?! How do you think Hayashi got his black eye? Why do you think Yamazuki, Fukuda and Okamoto have been ignoring you?!" Her smile quickly faded as her aggression picked up.

"What? That makes no sense, why would Iwaizumi give Hayashi a black eye?"

"I don't know, because he's a fucking psycho?!" Her fist clenched on the table infront of her, and you gulped at the growing tension between you two that was becoming hostile.

"He's not like that, he wouldn't" then your mind switched to think about the facts "Hayashi got his black eye on a Tuesday right, Iwaizumi had practice that day, after practice he dropped me off at home. How would he have time to give Hayashi a black eye?"

"Are you calling Hayashi a liar? Because I've known him longer than I've known you, and he'd never lie about that." Miya started to get annoyed by how uncooperative you were being, she wanted you to believe her straight away.

"I'm not calling anybody anything, I'm just saying I know Hajime, and I doubt he'd do that" you shrugged, not wanting to cause an arguement but also defending your boyfriend.

"Fuck you, I can't believe you're choosing him over us." She picked up her bag, scowl on her face, then left the classroom. "Oh, and y/n" she peeked her head in one more time "this is going to bite you in the ass later, so be ready"

Maybe you should've taken her warning more seriously...

—————-

"So... what do you think? You've known him longer than me, has he ever been in a fight?" You asked Makki, both of you slumped against a wall somewhere since you both had a free period.

"He's never been in a fight, unless you count the numerous times he's thrown a volleyball at Oikawa, so I don't know..." that made you laugh a little, which was nice since it felt like you hadn't laughed in so long. This whole situation was way too confusing.

"What should I do? I don't want Hajime to think I don't trust him, but I don't want Miya to think I'm choosing him over her" you looked at the boy, trying to get a read on what he was thinking.

"Maybe you could ask this Hayashi guy himself, get a feel of whether he's lying or not, then speak to Iwaizumi"

Sighing you realised that was probably the best course of action "you're right, I'll talk to him tomorrow... thanks Makki" you stood up, then held out a hand for him to stand up too.

"No problem, and pretty sure you can call me Takahiro now" he added, taking your hand and hopping to his feet.

"My Hiro Academia... are you secretly All Might?" You asked, a smile quickly growing on your face despite trying to keep a serious front.

"Depends on which of my hair you want to taste..."

"HANAMAKI TAKAHIRO-"

"I'm kidding, but the curtains match the drapes" you rolled your eyes as he smirked, too done to even bother responding.

————

That night you were on face time to Iwaizumi, after he claimed he barely got to see you all day.

"Do you want to come to my house tomorrow?" He asked, mostly just staring at your face with adoration while you tidied and did your homework.

"Sure. actually..." you lowered your voice a little, just to make 100% sure your Mom wouldn't hear you "my Mom is going away this weekend, so you can come round then too, if you want to"

"Of course I want to, after practice on Saturday I'll come over"

"Okay" you couldn't help blush, you'd finally get some proper alone time with him, with no distractions, and no interruptions.

It was painfully obvious what was going to be happening this weekend, and you were a mix of excitement and nerves.