{15}

After speaking to a nurse, and then the school's well-being officer, as well as a planned intervention with a social worker you were allowed back to your lessons, though decided since there was only 30 minutes left of your next lesson to just skip, so making your way to the roof you text Makki to meet you. You did need to talk to him after all.

"Wassup my fellow delinquent" Makki greeted you, slopping beside you and nudging your shoulder.

"Nothing, just needed someone to talk to I guess" you took a deep breath.

"Yeah? Good job my ears are fucking massive then" he chuckled "makes me a good listener"

"They're not that big" you looked at his ears "actually, maybe you should grow your hair out, just to hide them a little ... dumbo"

"You tryna start another fight?" He smiled.

"I've been in enough fights thank you" you replied, but then the air grew a little solemn, because you were reminded of your problems.

Makki decided to let you speak when you were ready, not pressuring you, giving you the silence and time to let your next words be ones you were ready to say, and if you weren't he'd reference a vine and shift the topic of conversation anyway.

"Should I break up with Iwaizumi?" You deadpanned, completely catching the strawberry blonde off guard.

"What? Why? Wait-" then he became completely serious "it wasn't him who-"

You were confused at first, but then it quickly registered what he was saying "No, god no. Iwaizumi would never hurt me, or anyone. It's just-" you mulled over your words again, choosing to look up at the bright blue sky to let your mind wander.

"Ugh. Can you promise me what I tell you stays between us?" You asked, finally making eye contact with the boy.

"Of course. Y/n I may joke a lot, but I do actually consider you a close friend of mine, I would never tell anyone" he gave a comforting smile at the end, and that was enough.

"My mom... hit me" understatement of the year "when she found out I had a boyfriend" you looked over at Makki to see his reaction, but the boy bore a poker face, not wanting to put you off finishing your story - even though internally a swell of emotions were concurring "and I've already told the wellfare officer she did this to me, but I'm not going to be removed from her house immediately, and even if I am, am I going to be able to keep having a boyfriend while dealing with this? I mean what if I have to move back to Tokyo, or what if I move somewhere else, the future is so uncertain right now I just don't think it's the right time to commit to something like that. It's not fair for Zumi either" you finished, finally venting your thoughts.

There was a moment silence at Makki absorbed the information youd spilled on him, and honestly he was proud of you for managing to stay so calm and level headed in a situation like this. Though he couldn't help be upset when you mentioned moving away, a pit forming in his stomach. You hadn't been friends for long, but he'd grown to actually quite like you, maybe a little more than he should, considering you were one of his best friend's girlfriends...

"I see. Well, how long have you and Iwaizumi been together?" He finally asked.

"Our 3 month was coming up next week"

"Okay, so not only have you guys not been together long, but you're also both really young. And hot, I may add" he joked at the end, and smiled when he heard you laugh too.

"...so, ending this not too serious relationship to focus on yourself in my opinion is absolutely the right thing to do. You and Iwaizumi can still be friends, and he'll understand considering everything that's going on"