Chapter 13

Your POV

You hop onto Khan behind Minsheng and tell him to turn toward the city. "Excuse me, home is thattaway," Mushu says, pointing to the opposite direction.

"We have to do something," you protest.

"Did you see those Huns?" Mushu asks. "They popped out of the ground! Like daisies!"

"Are we in this together, or not?" Minsheng chimes in. Mushu looks down at his feet and then glances at Cri-Kee. Cri-Kee chirps happily and Mushu smiles.

"Let's go kick some Hunny buns!" he declares. Minsheng rides off as Mushu and Cri-Kee jump on, Mushu making inhuman noises on the back which he says are 'whoops of victory'.

You gradually get closer to the city and soon, you're in the middle of the parade. Many people around you groan, upset that you've disrupted their entertainment. "Shang!" you yell, catching up to him.

"[Y/N]? Minsheng?" Shang questions in disbelief.

"The Huns are alive! They're in the city," you inform desperately.

"You don't belong here, [Y/N], go home," he orders.

"You do not get to speak to her like that, Shang," Minsheng growls. "You're going to listen to what she says."

"I said 'Go home'," Shang snarls.

"I'm not under your command anymore," Minsheng seethes. "We saw them in the mountains. You need to believe us."

"Why should I?" Shang snaps. Khan moves in front of Shang's horse, stopping them from moving.

"Why else would we come back?" you ask. "You said you'd trust Ping. Why is [Y/N] any different?"

Shang shoves past you, continuing the parade. Chien-Po, Yao and Ling walk past you, their faces worried that they're seeing you again. "Keep your eyes peeled," you tell them. "I know they're here."

"Hyah!" Minsheng yells, telling Khan to turn away. The fireworks go off as Khan runs toward the gate. You jump off.

"Where are you going?" Minsheng asks.

"To find someone who will believe us," you say.

"I'm coming with you."

You and Minsheng sprint into the crowd of people, trying to find someone who will believe you that the Huns are near. You doubt that anyone will listen, but it's worth a try.

"My children," the Emperor begins, however you're too busy trying to spread awareness to listen.

"Sir, the Emperor's in danger," you say to the closest person. He scoffs and walks away. "But the Huns are here!"

"Please, you have to help," Minsheng says to another man, but he only strolls off.

"No one will listen," you look down at Mushu.

"Huh? Did you say something?" he says.

"Mushu," you draw out in a warning tone.

"You're a girl, remember?"

"And Minsheng's a boy!"

"Yeah, a weak-lookin' one."

All of a sudden, you look over at the Emperor and Shang, to see that Shan Yu's men have emerged from the dragon and have taken the Emperor. You see them grabbing a statue together and trying to break the door down.

You and Minsheng rush up the stairs, pushing past everyone. "They'll never reach the Emperor in time," you conclude, thinking of an idea. You whistle with the help of your fingers. "Hey guys! I've got an idea."

You run down the side of the palace and around the corner. Ling passes you his sword as the rest of the boys take off their armour. You grab their armour so that they're in their robes. After a little makeover, it doesn't take long for Chien-Po, Yao and Ling to look like women.

(Be a man) We must be swift as a coursing river (be a man).

You all take out your ribbons and wrap it around giant poles.

With all the force of a great typhoon (be a man).

With all the strength of a raging fire.

You feel a tap on your shoulder and you turn around to see Shang. He smiles while taking off his cape, wrapping it around the pole as well.

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Just like you did with the two golden rings back at the camp, you climb up the pole with the help of the ribbon. You jump over the railing of the balcony and watch as everyone speeds off into the palace before you and Minsheng.

Minsheng smiles dreamily at you. "This is a great idea," he says truthfully. "It's amazing how you're doing this for the whole country. You have no idea how awesome you are, [Y/N]."

You smile bashfully and punch his shoulder lightly. You chuckle, "Stop, you're embarrassing me. But, thanks. I couldn't have done this without you. Now, let's go teach those Huns a lesson."

═════════════════

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- Author's Note

Sorry for not publishing yesterday, I went to the city and I went straight to my friend's house right when I came home, so I didn't have time to upload a chapter. 

I don't even have next week's chapter written so I need to get that done quickly.

However, I hope you enjoyed today's chapter :) See you, lovelies!