Stranger

Copyright © 2015 by lilybooks

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

Swish..swish...swish.

He couldn't help the sound his booted feet made as he moved through the water. The rain pelted heavily blurring his vision. Vigilant and prudent holding his gun he jogged stealthily through the desolated road.

Sweat mingled with rain drops ran down his face and neck. A little out of breath he increased his pace almost about to catch hold of man in front of him when things went out of his control.

From the dark alley on his side a woman screamed and at the same moment a gun shot was heard. His steps slowed down and the man's increased. Torn between saving the woman or running after the man he was running after he did what was more ethical.

"No!" He heard her scream again.

Changing his direction he ran towards the dingy alley. Pointing his gun at the drunk guy who was forcing himself on the petite woman he shouted.

"B*tch! I'll give it to you hard!"

"Let go off her."

The woman's sobs filled the entire area. The faint light from the street lamp giving him ample view of her face.
In his unsteady state the guy slurred something but didn't stop. He was drunk.

Raising his gun Kabir fired a shot in the air. Startled the guy jerked his head up and loosened his grip on the woman. Without wasting a second the woman scrambled away and made a dash away from the two men, one harming her while the other protecting her. She was out of sight in minutes. Her shoulder hitting Kabir's in process.

Holding the guy from the collars Kabir hit his fist on his face smashing it on the ground consequently. Taking out all the frustration of not being to grab hold of the man he so desperately wanted to catch hold of.

"Bloody! You're a disgrace to all the men out there!" He vented out all his anger on the man till he almost dropped dead.

Letting out a shaky breath Kabir sat there with the man unfazed by the blood, dirt and pungent smell around him. That's what his life had become since he had joined the FBI. The intensity of rain increased but the small shed in the alley provided him adequate shelter.

Automatically his hand moved and lifting his hips he scooped out his wallet from his jeans. Unsteadily he opened it looked at the pic in front of him. His eyes got fixed on it and subsequently drooped close.

........

Getting done with her late night shift Amrita sprinted through the drizzle towards the white car. Clumsily as she was about to get inside a hand clamped on her mouth and pointed a gun at her temple to keep her from screaming. Pushing her inside the guy took the seat next to her.

"Drive." The sultry voice said.

Mortified she looked at the attacker sitting next to her.

"Wh..who are you? Wh..what do you want?"

"Don't make me repeat love. Now drive." He voiced out calmly.

"Where to.." She barely whispered.

"Do you live alone?" He questioned.

"N..No.."

He laughed.

"Lies don't suit your pretty face. Drive to your place." He said taking in a sharp breath.

Trembling she hit the pedal and started driving. Her head throbbed.

"What will he do with me? R*pe me? Kill me?"

She gulped.

"Should I jump out? Heck, the car! It isn't even mine! I can't abandon it!"

"Let me go...please!"

"I won't hurt you love. Just keeping driving."

An hour later she parked the car outside her small apartment in the suburbs of Seattle.

He was out in no time. Pulling her out he pushed her forward signaling her to move inside.

"Please!" She struggled.

"Shut up!" His voice raised.

She moved inside and he locked the door. With her back towards him her eyes scanned her house for something to hit the insane guy with. Her fingers crawled and she picked up the vase and swiftly turned around to smash his head only to find him crouched on the floor of her apartment with a hand on his stomach.

He was shot.

Author's Note:-

I've changed the story to some extent. The names of the characters are still the same. The number of characters have however increased.

Comment!

xoxo Lily <3