Of Poppies and Rain

Grabbing the opportunity she ran with the vase still in her hand to hit him. The moment she raised her armed hand the guy collapsed on the floor face first. Shocked her hand stopped mid way.

She didn't dare move for a few seconds. Finally stuck to where she was standing she pushed him a little with her trembling foot. His chin slid on the floor causing his face to tilt towards her. She backed up in fear but he lay static.

"I..is he dead!" She whispered.

Her senses came back and she fell on all fours and shook him with her hands.

No response.

Placing a finger under his nose she found his breath fanning it. She felt the artery in his neck throbbing and sighed in relief.

"Oh! Thank god! You're alive!"

She shook him again.

"Ugh..excuse me!" She spoke to his unconcious form again acting like a fool.

She felt the pockets of his leather jacket and jeans. No wallet, no sign of ID, not even money. It was then she noticed the amount of blood flowing from beneath him.

"Call 911!" He mind ticked.

Shivering she got up and almost banged her head in frustration.

"That's what happens when you don't have a phone!"

Gulping in she looked at the man again.

"And even if you call them what if they think you shot him? What if this guy is a thief? What if the police thought that you are involved with him?!"

In that moment she made her decision. Removing her old leather sling bag she tossed it on the bed side table.

She walked over to him. Turning him around she fumbled with the buttons of his shirt opening it apart and found the source of injury.

She saved him.

Picking up the scattered books on her bed she placed them on the floor. Moving to him and hooking her hands in his armpits she started dragging him to her single bed. He was heavy. With much strength and effort she managed to pull him up to her bed almost falling on top of him in process. Not bothering to remove his jeans and shoes she moved away from him.

Cursing under her breath she got up and walked to the small barhroom and slipped into her only long night t- shirt.

She strolled to her fridge only to find some milk. She had thought of grabbing some food on her way back. Sighing tiredly she warmed it up. Moving to the little table beside her bed she picked up the bandage and spirit and sat down on the floor opposite her bed with the glass of milk placed on the floor.

Her one bedroom apartment in the suburbs of Seattle was small and dingy. A single bed by the window was the only thing she loved. She could spend hours reading her books and watching the rain pour down from her bed. A bed side table, an isle in the name of a kitchen and and even smaller bathroom, that's what completed her home.

That's all her part time job allowed her to afford. It was the end of the month and to pay her rent she had started doing double shifts. After managing to collect the required amount she had finally saved some money for food. She had thought at last she would eat and then go off to sleep today.

Now looking at her occupied bed and the glass of milk in front of her she laughed humorlessly. Folding one leg while bridging the other over it she ran a finger over her bruised ankle.

Tending to her wound she thought if it wasn't that guy she would have been r*ped in that alley today. The moon light showered in adequate light for her to tighten the bandage around her aching ankle.

That's the reason she hated doing night shifts. It meant crossing that alley from her first restraunt where she worked as a waitress to the other. Not to forget dealing with her pevert manager was something which she never looked forward to.

But the world is not a bed of roses for all. You have to work hard and struggle to stay alive.

She moved her attention to her scrapped wrist. Applying the antiseptic she stole a glance towards her attacker.

"What is your story Mr. Attacker?" She whispered.

Sipping on her warm milk she sat cross legged rubbing her hands over her now cold thighs. Her apartment had always been cold and the rain outside did no good. Her exhausted body crawled over to the bed just so that she could rest her head on it. Not even minutes and she dozed off.

An hour later she felt something crawl into her thigh. Sleepily she forced her eyes open to find the guy rubbing his calloused hands over them. All tiredness vanished and she jerked herself off the floor.

He stood tall and towered her in minutes backing her to the wall.

"Wh..what are you doing!" She stammered.

"Now isn't this the reason you catered to my wound love." He smirked reaching for the buttons of his jeans.

"No!" She shouted pushing him.

With ease he grabbed her by the waist and threw her on the bed.

In no time he was on top of her grinding against her. She tried to slap him but he caught her wrist easily and held the other as well. Bucking her hips she fought to get his heavy body off her.

He laughed out loud.

"No! Stop!"

"It'll be fun love! Just enjoy!" He pinned her down completely and kissed her hard.

"Just stop! Please!" He smothered sloppy kisses over her face till she felt him get hard beneath.

"No..no! Stop!" With a jerk her body rose and subsequently her eyes opened.
Her ragged breathing and her rapid heart rate calmed a little.

She had a dream..a bad dream!

She sunk back into her bed.

Bed?

Her eyes shot open only to find herself tucked comfortably in her cozy bed. The rain still pelting heavily on her window pane.

Ofcourse she was attacked yesterday. That definitely wasn't a dream!

"Where is he?!"

She slid up her bed. Her eyes darted to the bedside table to find a note sitting there.

"Thankyou.

Kabir."

A smile danced on her lips when she found a red poppy which grew outside the door of her building. Picking it up she noticed the drops of water telling her that probably he left just some time back. Her finger traced his perfect handwriting over and over again.

"Neat." She whispered.

Author's Note:-

The next one. So I want to do goals for this book.

20 votes before I upload the next one.

Pic of her bed attached!

As always. Eagerly waiting to hear about it from all of you.

Comment!

xoxo Lily<3