The dewy night and the morning ferries

She sat holding Agrim as close to her as possible. Forced to accompany Kabir to his headquarters she was seated on the chair, the leather too cold for her skin. Agrim was fast asleep on her lap and was her only source of warmth. She didn't want to trust Kabir even though he told her that he was his father. She would hand over the child only to Mr. Thappar.

"She wouldn't let me hold my own child." Kabir smiled.

He stood with Feroz in his room.

"Go outside and take them home." Kabir tried sounding authoritative.

"Kabir! Just end this here. She's taking care of your son for God's sake. She needs to know the truth!"

"That's not happening Feroz. She would never accept the job. On the first meeting I could see through her clearly! She has too much self respect! So now go outside!"

"Why shall I do this?!" Feroz whisper shouted.

"Because you are Mr. Thappar! Agrim's so called grand daddy...Remember?!" Kabir shrugged making air commas.

"No! I'm not. I'm just a computer analyst who happens to work for the FBI and is being bullied by my senior who is actually younger to me." Feroz spoke with fake anger.

"Aarrgghh...Feroz!! Pleasseee! I have to see who attacked them. I can't deal with her right now!" Kabir pouted.

"She bites! Literally she does...she's going to kill me!" Kabir said as a matter of fact to which Feroz just raised his eyebrows.

"Pleeassee!' Kabir stretched.

"Fine! One last time and you sort it out soon." Feroz threw his hands in the air.

Feroz turned around to the door and his eyes widened while Kabir started going through the papers on his desk.

"Umm..Kabir.."

"Feroz just get out!"

"Kabir I think you should just turn around for a moment." He gulped.

"What?!" Kabir turned around only to find Amrita standing at the door with a broken expression. She walked unsteadily towards them and caste a glance at Feroz.

"Amrita listen.." Kabir spoke.

"Mr. Tha..she stopped midway. I don't know who you are but you gave me the responsibily of Agrim and I intend to give him back only to you. I hope this is his real name at least. Here.." She looked at Agrim casting a loving look and him and then held him in front of him. Baffled Feroz held the child with one hand for the other was fractured and looked into her eyes guiltily.

"Amrita I can explain!" Kabir spoke again.

"I can't work for you anymore." She spoke nonchalantly and quickly marched out.

"Dang it!" Kabir sighed in frustration.

"Set all this out. She was the only person in the past five months with whom Agrim gelled up really well. She literally loves him. Unless you want the start the drill of giving advertisements of nannies again, not to forget about how non loving and uncaring they are towards your son..get her back."

"I'm going home." Kabir said holding the sleeping child in his arms. Giving him a peck on his forehead he looked at Feroz.