Chapter Thirty-Two*

HER BODY AND MIND WANT HIM IN A WAY she has never felt before, a way that runs along her heart with a fire unlike anything else, and she knows it's because the blood bond is starting to form into shape. It's the thrall he now has on her beginning to take effect, and she can tell that the same is happening for him based on how he grasps at her as if he's never touched another living being before.

The cold feeling of his rings digging into the flesh of her ass as he hoists her up into his arms makes her sigh into his mouth, imagining it'd feel brushing up against her clit.

Her arms are draped over his shoulders, legs wrapped around his hips, and she clings to him for stability through the swift few strides he takes toward the foot of the bed to resume what she started before he stopped her.

The taste of their blood on her tongue as it invades his mouth, deepening the kiss, is sweet, which she assumes is from hers since his was neutral in flavor. It's a hot, breathtaking kiss, the kind that would make her feel weak in the knees if he weren't holding her up.

He isn't holding her for long, however, because their bodies hit the disheveled pile of sheets and blankets within the next half-second.

With his body slotted perfectly between her thighs, she wants to beg him to slip inside of her immediately. No teasing, games, or foreplay, just an urgent, passionate fuck. But she knows that he won't do it, not when one of his hands is already drifting down along the side of her body. He doesn't want it to be the hot, but quick encounter they had in the car after they left the club, and deep down, past her urgency, neither does she.

They want it to be different. They want it to slow down, to savor it as much as possible, and won't settle for less.

His fingertips ghost up her thigh, leaving feathery-light touches everywhere but where she wants him to, yet she can't stop thinking about what he stopped her from doing both in the car and before they drank each other's blood. It's been a scenario in many of her fantasies and dreams late at night, something she has wanted to do so badly, she has almost dropped to her knees in front of him without warning on multiple occasions, and he keeps unintentionally barring her from it.

The mere thought makes her tighten her legs around his body and shrink into the mattress in bashful embarrassment at how wet it makes her. Trying to avoid it was useless, though, because he feels that arousal around his fingertips as he dips them into her just enough to coat them with it and brush against her clit.

"So wet for me, hmm?" he asks her, his voice a mere purr in her ear.

There's something about him that's so addictive and arousing, he sends her into a frenzy of sorts, begging and whining for it like a touch-starved virgin. It would take her longer to get this worked up over anyone else, yet with him all it takes is a touch. All it takes is the thought of sucking him off, of bringing him to that brink of release and tasting him on her tongue, and she is ready for anything he wants from her.

Her hips buck into his hand in reaction to the tight circles he rubs into that sensitive bundle of nerve endings, and her hands shoot out to grasp his shoulders as her mouth drops open in a breathy moan.

"I just"—her head shakes slightly as if doing so will clear her tangled thoughts, and the hands bracing his shoulders nudge him, "I just need to—"

Muscles acting from the memory of the self-defense lesson he gave her back when she was visiting Adeline on her own, she shifts her hips up against his in a sharp, quick motion that catches him off guard and switches the position they're in. The legs hooked around him only help her in flipping him over until his back hits the mattress, red eyes staring up at her in feline amusement.