eight; maniacal

Alice's Theme - Danny Elfman

Oh, Alice where have you been? 
So near, so far, so in between.

May 13th, Lucifer's 8th birthday

"Happy birthday to Lucifer, happy birthday to you," sang Lilith as she entered his room that morning, a homemade cupcake in her hand.

Lucifer grinned as he rose up in his bed,earning against the headboard. He had woken up early due to pots clambering together. "Where's everybody else?" Asked Lucifer as he took the cupcake from her, blowing out the flame.

"In bed probably, I thought I'd get up early and make sure you had a good start to the day," she said, sitting on the side of his bed. "They always make you do something you don't want to do," she pointed out. 

Lucifer made a face as he munched on his cupcake. 

"I know," she giggled at his expression. "So, when they've finished with you, I'll take you out and we'll go out wherever you want," she promised him, smiling when he grinned up at her thankfully. 

"I love you," he told her, grabbing her hand in both of his. He smiled up at her, light shining in his eyes due to the sun and the happiness he felt. 

_

"Love you too, bro," she whispered as she settled the cupcake on the table in front of the concentrating Kai who then looked up at her with confusion. 

"Ooh, a cupcake," he gasped, he then noticed the candle lit in the middle and stopped. "Why is there are a candle?" He asked her with a scrunched up nose.

"It's Lucifer's birthday, thought I'd keep up the tradition, will you do the honours?" She asked him, waving her hand at the burning candle. 

"Gladly." Kai winked and blew out the flame before taking the cupcake and eating it. "It's really good," he told her through the cupcake, chocolate spitting from his mouth. 

"Gross," she winced and turned back to the kitchen, cleaning away the pots and dishes. Suddenly she stopped and turned back to face Kai, her eyebrows furrowed. "What's changed about you, physically?" 

Kai looked up with raised eyebrows, finished with his cake, and gave her a questioning look. "I'm more good looking, which is almost impossible," he snorted. 

"No," Lilith denied, rushing back over to him before she eyed his face. "You have stubble," she gasped, unable to hold back her hand from touching his cheek. She felt him tense as she became fascinated by his unshaven face. 

"Yeah, it grows pretty quick," said Kai, shrugging indifferently. "I didn't shave yesterday, or the day before, or the day before," he listed, rolling his eyes. "Evidently, I didn't shave today," he said with a sarcastic tone. 

Lilith scoffed and glanced back at the dishes before choosing to sit at the table with Kai, her thoughts taking over once again. 

_

"They put you through the torture again didn't they?" Asked Lilith when the youngest Black entered his bedroom after going out with their parents. 

Lucifer sighed and nodded, falling face first onto the bed. "I'm now eight years old, I feel older," he groaned into the bed, acknowledging his sisters touch on his back, how she was rubbing his shoulder gently, lovingly. "Sometimes I wish you were my mom," he said, sitting up. He saw her frown and let out a harsh laugh. "Sounds weird and mean but it's true."