sixteen; virulent

Immortals - Fall Out Boy 

  Sometimes the only pay-off for having any faith
Is when it's tested again and again every day.
I'm still comparing your past to my future.
It might be your wound but they're my sutures.

Lilith glowered with her arms crossed as Kai and Bonnie stood together, hovering over the map as Kai dripped his blood onto it. 

"Phesmatos tribum, nas ex viras, sequitas sanguinum." Bonnie paused, looking down at the map confused. "It doesn't feel right. Maybe I need a bigger map?"

Just as she said that Damon walked into the room, dropping a newspaper onto the table and stood next to Lilith. "Maybe you're just out of practice and you suck at magic now," he said to her sarcastically. 

Kai rolled his eyes at Damon and looked at Bonnie. "Ignore him, Bonnie. Pretend he's a white-noise machine. That's how I used to tune out my siblings. I grew up with a ton of little sisters and brothers. You know, all of them constantly yammering." He smiled at her sweetly, his eyes flickering to Lilith as walked closer to Bonnie. "But it taught me how to focus." 

Lilith gritted her teeth, it looked as if Kai was about to kiss Bonnie, the latter almost wanting to. She wanted to blow up at him but she bottled it up although her heart began to race earning a confused glance from Damon who said, "easy there, big brother! She doesn't know you. At least buy her a drink."

Bonnie was still working on the spell except this time, with a map of the entire United States. Lilith watched as Bonnie did the spell, Kai's blood travels across the length of the country. It intrigued her, the movement of the blood just by the words Bonnie were speaking. 

"Phesmatos tribum, nas ex viras, sequitas sanguinum. Phesmatos tribum, nas ex viras, sequitas sanguinum."

"The spell's moving towards Virginia. That can't be right." Lilith knew that tone, it was the one he always used with her, it made her feel small. 

"Mm-mm, the spell's working. It's showing me Mystic Falls. It feels so... close." Bonnie turned towards Kai and held up her hand to his chest, the candles' flames intensify around the four as she did. "It's right here." she muttered, looking up at Kai. As she touched Kai's chest, the candles' flames blew out whilst Kai reached into his pocket, pulling out the real Ascendant.

"You've gotta be kidding me," muttered Lilith, rolling her eyes at Kai who turned to her. 

"She's very good, are you jealous or something, Lilith?" He smirked at her, eyeing her as she ground her teeth together, fidgeting on her feet. 

Bonnie, seeing the tension between the two and mistaking it for hate diverted Kai's attention back to her. "That's the Ascendant?" She asked, eyeing the object. 

Kai held up the Ascendant with a smile. "The one and only," he said, looking between the three. 

Damon scoffed, "thanks for the mind games, jackass."

Kai turned his head towards Damon. "It was just another little test. To make sure Bonnie's magic was precise enough for the spell. I do believe you're ready. Pack your bags - we're going home."

Lilith shook her head at Kai who grinned back at her devilishly. Her eyes drifted from his figure to Damon who had slammed his glass that was previously filled with bourbon on the table, walking out of the room. She quickly followed him, missing Kai's sudden scowl. 

"Damon," she called out, watching as he walked down a corridor. The vampire stopped, turning on his heel to face her with raised eyebrows. "I'm sorry," she said, watching as his face dropped.