twelve; malignant

Move, Shake, Hide - Marmozets

  Stop trying to pressure me, alright.
Everything is gonna be, alright.  

"I want pancakes," whispered Lilith as they hid behind the doorway. For two months Lilith and Kai had been hiding out in the Boarding House, unseen and unheard all the while practising magic but lately Kai's mind has been elsewhere. Lilith knew what he was focusing on, he was building the ascendant and was now working on a plan to get them (himself) out of the prison world.

"If they go out today then I'll make you some," mumbled Kai as he peeked around the corner, seeing Bonnie sat at the table whilst Damon flipped his pancakes.

"Really?" Lilith whispered excitedly, grinning as she bent down next to him to show him how grateful she wa-

"No."

There went her good mood. She huffed, crossing her arms as she stood back up, now angry with the snickering Kai who looked up at her. "Awe, stop being all pouty, it doesn't suit you." He stood up and poked at her bottom lip that stuck out.

Lilith felt her blood rush to her cheeks and turned away shyly, showing him half of her shoulder. Soon their attention was brought back to the pair in the next room who began to argue; yet again.

"Wow, she's almost as bad as you," mumbled Kai, now standing next to her as they listened. He didn't expect the harsh shove and instead tripped up, knocking into the wooden table. It echoed around the room, everything becoming still.

Lilith's hands snapped to her mouth in shock, her eyes widened as she saw the glare that Kai shot her but somewhere inside of her she was dying to burst into laughter. Kai saw this and dove to cover her mouth as her hands fell down. He held her close as she laughed into his hand, trying to quieten her down.

"Did you hear that?" Kai heard Bonnie mumble and winced, grinding his teeth as Lilith finally began to calm down, her sudden hysteria now gone, replaced with worry.

"What would I have heard Bonnie? We're the only two people here, we're the only people two months ago and we're the only two people here now!" Exclaimed Damon.

"Well, I swear I heard something."

Lilith looked up at Kai apologetically, bringing her hands to his, tugging them away from her face. "I'm sorry," she whispered as Bonnie and Damon continued to argue.

Kai huffed. "I will kill you, just not right now," he muttered, pulling his hand away from her, knocking her shoulder as he strode passed her.

"-maybe we're trapped in mine," Lilith heard Bonnie stress, footsteps coming closer. She squeaked and dove out of the way into another room just as Bonnie came into the hallway.

Lilith let her head rest back on the wall, sliding down. She brought her legs up, tucking her arms close to her chest as stared at the burning fireplace at the opposite side of the room.

"Are we going to escape?" Lilith asked Kai as they sat in 'his' room in the Boarding House. The two sat opposite each other, a paper and an object in between them. Kai told her it was the ascendant, one of the three things to get out of the prison world.

"Yes, just two more things we need," said Kai, smiling up at her. He saw the questioning expression on her face and chose to answer her. "You see the witch downstairs?" She nodded. "She's actually the key to getting out."

Lilith frowned. "How?" She failed to see how Bonnie was important to their escape.

"She's a Bennet witch. I need her blood and I think she knows the spell," murmured Kai, biting his lip in frustration.