one

"my peace has always depended on all the ashes in my wake"

~

"we did it, madam president."

red, blue, yellow and white confetti rained from above, announcing the arrival of the storm of victory. hands clapped, voices cheered, and most of all, smiles rose on the faces of everyone in the crowd.

"we sure as hell did, tubbo, or should i call you 'mr. vice president," you exchanged triumphant glances with the brunette boy to your left.

brushing the faint wrinkles out of your suit, you cleared your throat, remembering the speech you had prepared the night before.

you were always prepared for everything. a friend was injured? you had healing pots. a peer was running low on food? your stores of supplies were always full; and, in the event that by some miracle you would win the election, you wrote a speech. memorized it, if you will.

gripping the edge of the lectern, you began to speak:

"i assume you all have heard of the wonder that is the phoenix. if not, listen close. the bird rises from its own ashes after death, emerging as an even stronger creature than before. it advances from its darkened past, welcoming a new and brighter future. citizens of l'manburg! no longer will you have to fear the changes to come, but rather embrace them, as does the phoenix."

the crowd responded with several relieved sighs, awaiting your next words.

"vice president tubbo and i will be working non-stop to ensure the safety, health, and most importantly, the happiness of everyone who chooses to reside in this beautiful country. as your new president, i make certain to you that we, a nation, will rise from the ruin and become greater than one could imagine. i am honored to claim the title as your president. i will wear it with pride and peace, but most importantly, love. thank you, everyone, for this opportunity."

the cheers from before resumed, accompanied by many pairs of hands in the air, the storm returning once more. a smile spread across your face. glancing at tubbo, you could see him mirroring your expression.

you waved at the audience, savoring the last few moments. scanning the crowd, you could make out a few familiar faces.

towering above most of the crowd was your monochrome friend, his complementary eyes shining with excitement. to his right, teary-eyed, was phil, his wings neatly tucked behind him. the two waved at you, sharing smiles with one another.

stepping off the platform, you made your way towards your friends. the constant stress of the upcoming election had built an invisible wall between you and the outside world; now, it was torn down with a simple hug.

"congratulations, y/n! well deserved," the blonde man said, wrapping his arms around you, followed by his wings.

"so all those years of school really did pay off," the tall boy joked.

"oh, shut up, ranboo," you smiled at him.

phil extended one of his wings, smacking ranboo square in the chest.

"hey! what was that for?"

you and the blonde man laughed, ranboo eventually caving in.