eight

"we're tethered to the story we must tell."

~

your wounds had fully healed by the end of the week, thanks to healing potions. although still slightly sore, you were for the most part back to normal; all except one thing. you felt different. you couldn't pinpoint the reason why, nor did you desire to do so, but there surely was a change.

you blamed such changes on the harming arrow. you had never been shot with one before, so you reckoned it would leave you shaken up.

"how about some bedwars, eh?" your brothers voice was filled with excitement at your healing.

"i'd love to, but i'm quite busy today. butcher army meeting. the usual. another day, though, i promise," you smiled at him, disappointed.

a bedwars match sounded significantly better than plotting the murder of the man you swore to protect. the man that was, in fact, taking shelter in your home until further notice.

"alright," the blonde frowned.

"i promise," you closed the door behind you.

your badge twinkled in the bright sunlight, contrasting your blood-stained apron. the tear from the piercing arrow still remained unattended. yet another task to add to the growing list.

the meeting was to be held in a newly constructed room specific for the butcher army. seeing as though you had been on bed rest for several days, you were unable to oversee its production.

upon entrance, you immediately took note of the smooth, netherite walls.

"y/n! good to see you again," tubbo smiled widely.

"guess who's back," you threw your arms in the air.

"the one and only," fundy's sing-song tone was humorable.

"what did i miss," you sat down in an iron chair, the cold metal hitting your skin.

"world domination, baby!" quackity joked.

"in all seriousness, nothing much. we've decided to allow phil his freedom under a few conditions," he spoke, an axe resting on his shoulder.

waves of relief washed over you. knowing phil was alright was a settling feeling. not knowing what was lying ahead, however, was not so comforting.

"and what would these 'conditions' be?" you asked out of curiosity.

his eyes flashed.

"not important. moving on, we have much work to do. has anyone heard anything of techno's whereabouts?"

your heart sank deep into the floor.

"not sure. we haven't seen him since the night of the fight," ranboo finally spoke after a long silence.

there was hesitation in his voice, but he did a swell job of hiding it.

"very well. i suppose that is where we will start. actually, no, lets set a trap. does anyone have any ideas?" quackity paced.

you began to brainstorm ways to lead them away from the location techno was currently residing.