two

"i found something in the woods somewhere"

just a heads up, this chapter doesn't quite follow the dsmp lore, as there are some parts i added myself :)

!! TW !!
mentions of implied st@rvation, bl*od, and violence.

~

your tired legs carried you through the dense greenery, shivering. crows screamed high above in a tree, sending small shocks down your spine. you clutched your blazer, desperate to savor any leftover warmth.

"tommy?"

you called for your brother but to no avail. there was no sign of life, only the whisper of death. you searched for happy memories with your younger brother to distract yourself from the ever growing fear.

"tommy!"

you remembered the first time he held a sword. wooden, of course. phil wouldn't let him near a real one until the age of ten.

"tommy!"

he would run, screaming, when you would chase him with nether wart, something he was terrified of. to this day (as far as you knew) he was still scared of it. your heart ached at the memory.

"TOMMY"

you called for the last time before stopping. you sank to the ground, a tree holding you up. your eyes fought the urge to cry while your legs fought the urge to keep going. you hadn't realized your eyes had lost the battle until a tear landed on your forearm. one was shortly followed by another. and another.

you weren't one for giving up, but considering the circumstances, your chances of finding him were slim.

your head fell into your hands as a piece of your soul broke apart, drifting away with the nighttime wind. your limbs ached from the cold, your nose was numb, and your heart was in the process of shattering.

"tommy..." you mumbled.

something in the distance shifted in a bush. springing to your feet, you wiped tears out of your eyes, your hand reaching for your hip where your netherite sword was sheathed. hearing the sound again, you proceeded with caution. the rattling stopped for a moment before continuing.

you poked the tip of your sword into the bush, drawing back some of the leaves. you caught a glimpse of red before bringing your weapon back.

"what the hell.." you whispered to yourself.

a flash of realization brought a small smile to your face.

"i got a condo in manhattan,"

a tall, scrawny boy rose from behind the bush.

"OI WHAT THE HELL YOU BITCH I WILL-"

the both of you froze.

"y/n?" the fragile blonde let out a breath.

"tommy," you spoke before the two of you collided in a tight embrace.

"what the hell? why are you here?" his voice was shaky.

"saving your ass, of course,"

"aye, i don't need saving, i'm a big man, that's me: big innit"

his breath told another story, though. he was on the verge of tears.

"sure, whatever you say,"

"OI! what was that?" he pulled away, his hand on the center of his chest.