Drabble Prompt [2]

Characters:
Ruv, Reader, Sarv

Type? Drabble

Requested? No

Pronouns: None specified

---

"So why did I have to punch that guy?" – Drabble

"So, why did I have to punch that guy?" Ruv asked while looking at the screen as a game played against the pixels of the television, it was not like he could often play video games, and you had finally gotten him to sit down and play for once, you did not have too many options to what games you were able to show off, so you ended up just picking a rip off version of a well known fighting game.

You laid on your stomach as you looked at the screen, engulfed in the game as you mashed buttons with your fingers best you could, Ruv was still learning of course, but you finally taught him the simplistic gist of it, he got the hand of it pretty quickly.

"Well, you need to punch him to beat me! Since it's a fighting game." You gave an answer as you jumped and pressed another button as Ruv's character landed a punch and took down even more health.

"Makes sense." He mutters, still playing the game, he was not button mashing like you were, but it was still rather easy to tell he was not fully concentrated, he was just having fun from the looks of it.

You bite your lip a bit to try and win the game somehow through a bit of sheer luck, some type of come back, as if in the last moment you would be able to win against Ruv, but it ended with a "Victory" clearly placed upon the screen.

You whined a bit dramatically, huffing at yet another loss, you were taking it a little too seriously but you glanced over to Ruv who was looking down at you since he was sitting cross legged only a foot or so away from you.

He simply looked away and back to the screen, seemingly anything he was going to say lost in the moment, falling on deaf ears. You turned back to the screen after raising your eyebrows up slightly as you clicked the rematch button, your fingers already getting back to work on trying to win.

There was another loss.

And another.

And yet another.

You groaned at this point, since you were laying on your stomach still, you rolled like a log to bump into Ruv's legs and side, as you turned enough and with a small huff you bumped into the man, looking up to him with a pout. "No fair..." You purse your lips at the fluffy haired man above you, as he responded. "You're getting beaten by a newbie." He states briskly, before you gasp overdramatically and raise your hand to point at his face, this was simply your way of playing around with him, all in good fun of course. "You dare defy the person who taught you the ways of the videogames?" You prompt with false shock and hurt, and you swear you hear a huff of laughter from Ruv, still sitting cross legged.

You ended up scooting up from your place before bumping shoulders with him, holding your controller in your hand before you look over to your screen once more, the television prompting a rematch button almost tauntingly in your face.

"I'll show you, come on!" You say with a grin, still bumping shoulders with the Russian man.

You click the rematch button first and it reloads your characters, as you begin playing against him once again, snuggling up to him on accident, with most of it being a mistake, but the other half being close to him just made you happy.

You threw out a combo with your hands against the buttons, and promptly won against Ruv, you had stars in your eyes and pumped your fist into the air with joy, finally you had won against him!

You turned to the man to make fun of him with a pointed finger faced his way but you stopped when he seemed to be looking off to the side, seemingly making you falter for a moment seeing how he was not even looking at the screen or giving you a soft look. You moved your legs to be more comfortable, sitting your controller down on the floor in concern before you lightly reached the hand closest to him before tugging on his jacket softly.

"Ruv?" You ask quietly your eyebrows dropping and furrowing together with concern.

He turned back somewhat with a glance before he stands up. "You beat me, good job." He spoke, and though he was deadpan with how he was speaking, you knew he meant it kindly, something you started to pick up on when he spoke to you or Sarvente. He cleared his throat into his own elbow, before rolling his shoulders and shrugging his jacket back into a more comfortable place, no longer making eye contact. "Thanks." He stated quietly, before walking off, as you hesitated to reach out to him.

He did not seem upset, so you were at least left with that knowledge.

The knowledge you did not know about though, was the fact he was getting distracted from the closeness you two shared, he thought about what it meant, and if he would be allowed to show the same kind of affection, which caused him to lose the game in his hassle of thoughts.

He should not be this whipped.