☼

I must have finally dozed off because when I wake up, the landscape has changed. My small town skyscape of trees, small buildings and more trees has been replacing with buildings that shoot into the sky, billboards, and people.

It's busy here. And loud.

I quickly lean up and turn around to check on Jimin, but thankfully he's in the same position I left him in before I fell asleep. If he had woken up to be surrounded by all of this, it would worry him. Or worse.

We stop at a red light and I look out my window at the car next to me, and the man driving looks at me. I flinch. I didn't even think about it, but are these windows tinted? I can't remember because it was dark when the boys arrived at my house.

I turn to look at Jungkook. "Are the windows tinted?" He chuckles under his breath. "Yes, no one can see anything inside this car. You're ok."

"I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about Jimin being seen." It would be awful if anyone were to see Jimin in the condition he's in right now, the boys too. They all have dark bags under their eyes and their eyes are swollen from crying. Jimin's injuries are starting to heal, but a day hasn't made much of a difference. His bruises are still deep and very visible, especially the one on his cheek. The cuts are still inflamed.

No one looks okay right now.

I gaze back over to Jungkook. The last week has really taken a toll on him and it shows. His eyes are glazed over from fatigue, they're swollen from crying last night, his knuckles are white from gripping the steering wheel so hard, his bottom lip has an indent in it from biting it. He's tried to put on a good outer appearance, but up close, you can truly see. I'm worried for him too.

"You're staring too much." I jump at his words, embarrassed that I had stared so long without even noticing. "I'm sorry.." I can feel the heat creeping up my neck to my cheeks. Why did I stare so much? Why was I staring at all?

Before we can say anything else, I'm distracted by the car pulling up to a very large apartment building. We follow the car in front of us into an underground parking garage. Jin rolls the window down and the security guard scans a card he's holding. Afterwards, they pull forward and so do we. Jungkook rolls our window down and reaches in the driver side door to retrieve his card for the guard to scan. "Thank you sir, you're good."

We follow in the same direction that Jin had driven until we're pulled right outside of the elevator. A few men in suits have come out of it as we stopped and they move to station themselves around the car. All these men look the same, black suits and black glasses. Are they security? The boys start to filter out of the first car, Jin handing the keys off to one of the men closest to their car. "Should we wake him or should I carry him to the apartment?" Jungkook asks. I bite my lip, I look back at Jimin, debating what would be best.

"If Jimin wakes up, he may freak out before we're able to get him up there. Let me wake him up and explain it to him." Jungkook nods and turns off the car. I quickly get out and open the backseat door. I slide in quietly and gently rub Jimin's head, calling his name. "Jiminie, it's Elle. Could you wake up for me please?"

It takes a few moments but I start to see his eyes flutter open, calmly at first, then after a few moments his eyes start to become frantic. He whips up in the seat and starts scanning the car, his breath coming out erratically. I lean forward and grab his hand in mine. "Jiminie, it's me. It's Elle."

He looks over to me, tears in his eyes. He's so scared. "Elle... where are we?" He grips my hand harder and begins to tremble. "Remember, we needed to leave my house and bring you somewhere safer?" He nods, still trembling but he's starting to remember our conversation before he had fallen asleep.

"We're going to go upstairs, are you ready?" He nods slightly. He reaches over to unbuckle his seatbelt and then reaches for the door, but before he can open it, Jungkook is there opening it for him. Jimin flinches and hesitates for a moment, but continues to slowly exit the car, and I'm right behind him.

He reaches for my hand as I step out of the vehicle and I take it, giving a small squeeze letting him know everything will be ok. He will be ok. He looks up to me, still trembling but offers me a small smile and it warms my heart. I love Jimin's smile.

We start walking towards the elevator with the others when I hear small, repetitive noises. I look over to the scan the area that they're coming from but I don't see anything, nor do I hear the sounds anymore.

I choose to let it go and get into the elevator with the others.