☾

It's well past evening and into the next day before sunrise that the boys get to my home. I hear them pull up and I slowly lift Jimin's head off my lap and replace it with one of my couch pillows, he snuggles it just like he was with my thigh.

I tiptoe towards the door and step outside onto the front porch, waving at them as they exit the vehicles. Anxious and hope is plastered on each and everyone of their faces, this last week has been hard on them.

I step forward and extend my hand to each and every one of the boys, then to Manager Sejin.

"Hi Elle, thank you for contacting us so quickly and thank you for taking care of him. Is he inside?"

I nod. "Yes, he's still asleep on the couch. I have to warn you though, he's not-"

Just then, I'm interrupted by a blood curdling scream from inside the home. I sprint through the door with the boys fast on my heels to see Jimin against a wall, sobbing and shaking. He hears me and looks up.

"Elle... you left me." I feel a lump in my throat and quickly make my way to him. Sitting down next to him, I cuddle him against my chest and run my fingers through his hair. I look to my left to see the Manager and all 6 boys shell shocked. None of them move or say a word as I comfort Jimin.

"What happened Jiminie?"

"I h-had a b-bad dream.. they were hurting me." He breaks down again and clutches me desperately, I hold him tightly against me, leaning my head on top of his.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here, but look at me." I tilt his tear stained face to look at me and I smile.

"I'm never going to leave you. I am here and I will always be here. You're not alone." I use my thumbs to wipe away his tears and I get a small, shy smile until he sees the boys standing at the door. His eyes widen in fear and he tries to duck behind me.

"Who are... they?" He's visibly shaking.

"You remember when I told you that you had so many people who were worried about you? But that there were 6 boys in particular that were incredibly worried?" He nods and looks towards me.

"These are your friends, no, your brothers. They have been looking for you and doing whatever they could to find you."

Jimin looks towards the boys but doesn't say anything. Just stares. Taehyung is the first to approach cautiously, causing Jimin to flinch a bit and clutch against me tighter. Taehyung stops a few feet away and kneels down. He offers a smile, warm smile to Jimin but Jimin says nothing.

"Hi Jimin, do you remember us? Do you remember me?" There's so much hope in Taehyung's eyes it hurts to look at him.

Jimin lowers his eyes and shakes his head briefly, refusing to meet Taehyung's gaze.

"I feel like I should... but I don't." That hope I saw in Taehyung's eyes is crushed, replaced with tears that stream down his face. He lowers his head, but doesn't utter a word. The room is filled with his small whimpers.

Taehyung slowly gets up and runs into Namjoon's arm, sobbing into his chest.

Jungkook slowly moves forward and kneels directly in front of where Jimin and I sit. He looks tormented. Seeing him so closely, I can see how tired he is. The tears he's shed from the puffiness of his eyes. The paleness of his face. He's broken and I'm scared that this situation may break him more.

"Jimin-ssi... do you know what happened to you? Where you were? Anything?"

Jimin glances up and hold's Jungkook's gaze, new tears falling down his face.

"Nothing... all I remember is being cold and hungry in the woods... then Elle found me." I look down at his sweet face and smile.

"What about the dream you had? Would you mind telling us what happened in it?" Jimin looks to me anxiously, panicked by Jungkook's question.

"I know you're scared but the dream could be a memory. It could help. You're safe now, ok?" He visibly calms at my words and thinks for a few minutes before speaking.

"At f-first, it was dark... where I was. All I could hear were footsteps.... then t-they would, um, h-hit me. A lot. When I would c-cry, they would laugh... They w-would keep saying that no one would hear me or come..."

He stops for a second, visible pain contorting his wet face. I rub his arm, hoping to comfort him in some way but the tears only flow harder.

"T-then.. they uh, took my pants off... and um, took turns..." Jimin sobs loudly into his hands. His cries filling the room, causing my own tears to fall. I cuddle him against my chest and look up at Jungkook. My heart stops when I see the tears leaving trails down his face, his eyes are wide and it doesn't seem like he's breathing. Just an endless flow of tears...

"Jiminie, thank you for telling us. That wasn't easy. Would you like to go lay down and I'll talk to the boys while you rest?" For a minute, I didn't think he heard me until his tired eyes meet mine and he nods. I stand up, helping him to stand up and take him to my bed. I tuck him in and give his hand a quick squeeze.

"I am just going to be on the other side of this door. I'm not leaving. Call me if you need me, ok?" He looks at me under heavy eyelids and smiles. Once his eyes close and I hear the soft snores, I make my way to the living room. I close the door behind me and lean against it, trying to steady my breathing. The feelings I've been holding back all day threaten to take over but I have to hold them in until I talk to the boys.

I gather my strength and walk to the living room. All of them have taken seats on the couch, the chairs and the others sit around the coffee table on the floor. I make my way to sit next to Jungkook on the floor. No one says anything for a while, everyone deep in thought. Finally, Yoongi breaks the silence.

"What do we do next?"

——————————————————————

I'm sorry it's been a bit since I updated any of my stories! I've been in a funk this past week and today, I'm finally feeling better 💛

I hope you like it! Please vote and comment!