21: Twisted

Third POV

“Yes. I want to change my fate.”

Staring at her jewel eyes, Merlin smile softly as she nodding her head in understanding. Reaching her right hand up to tap her 2 fingers on Athanasia’s forehead, “Then, I shall give you one advice.” A white light glow at her fingers as she continue, “…Don’t hesitate to seek for help from others. You are not alone.”

Athanasia frowned at her last encounter with Merlin. What does she meant by seek help from others? She had already planned the day she reborn in this novel. She know what she is doing and her plan is almost success!

There is no need to seek help.

All she can do to survive is learn how to control her mana and spells, saving a lot of money to before she leave the Obelia Empire. Knowing Claude had slowly become comfortable with Jennette, which she heard from Ishtar and Lucas, she knew soon Claude will abandon Athanasia.

Reviving Claude’s memories is not easy.

Hearing the news about her brother, Arthur, lost his memories the day he saved her life, Merlin had volunteer herself to find a way to regain his memories sooner or later but until now, she hadn’t heard anything from Merlin or from the palace.

Now that Claude had almost lost his memories, it added more pain and loneliness to the princess.

Losing 2 of your precious people…

…it truly hurts a lot.

Thus, she had to survive on her own and seek for her own happy ending, in order to avoid getting executed.

May it sounds stupid and selfish, that is the only plan she could think of.

Currently in the dining room, gathered with the presence of the king, Enkidu, Emiya and the mysterious lady. Athanasia couldn’t help but this lady is somewhat looks familiar and suspiciously has the jewel eyes, only her family inherit that eyes.

‘Could she be related to me? Maybe long distance cousin? But the novel didn’t mention anything about cousin, especially Jennette, cousin that inherit blonde haired and jewel eyes.’ Athanasia thought, silently stares at the interaction between the lady and the king.

“To think you would arrived without sending any notice…” Gilgamesh calmly sips his wine, “ Foolish.”

The lady smile, “My apologize. It was so sudden that I couldn’t think of sending a letter.”

His red eyes stare at the knight beside her, his expression shows in annoyed. “And yet you brought him. A lowly knight from the Obelia. Why him when you can have my servants to escort you?”

“I do not wish to ruin your day, your maje—“

Sensing him glaring at her, she sweatdropped, stutter, “King—“

He glares again.

“My lor—“

He glares slowly become furious. Sighing in defeat, she knows what he wants as she take a deep breath and smile sweetly at him, repeat what she about to said,