three

C A R T E R

"You chose to study in a graveyard because?" I questioned, setting my books down and leaning back against the headstone belonging to Trixibelle III.

Remi shrugged, "It's quiet-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as Nix hit him in the head with a book, cussing him out, "It would be if you remained silent and allowed the rest of us to study."

At that we all stayed quiet, reading over the words written down in the textbooks we were given. After talking to Eliza the other day I had gone to see Aurora who told me there wasn't anything her father could do about my room situation. It wasn't all that bad though, Dalton usually kept to himself so I didn't have to see him much.

We had just gotten out of class and the standards were high so we all decided to get a few hours of studying in. I sighed, passing my book to Jaden who barely glanced at it before pulling a face.

He had arrived at around eleven the previous day so I spent some time with him and my brothers didn't seem to mind him being around so it was going smoothly as well.

"That makes no sense." He mumbled. I smiled at the confused expression on his face but my attention was diverted by Ezekiel who passed me his college work to look at.

"That makes even less sense." I narrowed my eyes at the complicated equations he was supposed to answer, my eyes finding the space hen doodle at the bottom of the page.

"You're obsessed with those things aren't you?" I chuckled, drawing a bow on it.

"Things? I think you'll find they're beautiful galactic space hens you imbecile."

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him to which he just flicked me and then scrunched his paper up, launching it away so it hit Eliza on the head. The two then proceeded to get into a fight with Liza trying to suffocate Ezekiel with the paper.

The rest of us watched in silence as they rolled down a hill before blinking and continuing what we were doing a few seconds ago.

"Come on." Jaden abruptly stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder and holding a hand out towards me.

"Where-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as Xander finished it for me, "Are you taking her?"

I placed my hand in Jaden's and he pulled me up while I turned to Xander, "Hey look- Rosalie is over there."

Within a second he had spun around, taking in the background of the cemetery. Jaden and I took off while he did that and soon enough we heard his steps cease when he got tired of  chasing us.

"So, where are we going?" I asked with a smile.

Jaden intertwined our hands, leading us down the road, "You'll see."

I pursed my lips, hearing the words Wolf always used to say when he was taking me somewhere. Last I heard he had bought an apartment with Charlotte in California and they were happy.

Lovely.

My annoyance faded away when Jaden smiled down at me and after talking about school the rest of the ten minute walk we arrived at the beach. The waves crashed softly against the shore and the sun was just setting. A cool breeze made me feel calm and for a second I let myself forget about everything that weighed me down.

As Jaden walked a bit in front of me I placed my hands on his shoulders, jumping up and hoping he would catch me. He did, lifting me onto his shoulders.

I absentmindedly ran my hands through his hair while he talked, joining in every so often and admiring how the sun hit his face perfectly.

We stayed there for another hour, talking about everything until we eventually decided to head back.

He disappeared into his dorm after landing a quick kiss on my lips and I climbed the stairs until I got to my dorm. The door was already cracked open which made my brows furrow. I hadn't been there for long but I had been there long enough to know Dalton always locked the door or when he left- obviously at least closed it.

I pushed it open, instantly locking eyes with my brothers who were sat on my bed, looking down at a piece of paper Dalton had just passed them. Aurora was next to him with Reid on the other side of the room.

"I forgot-" Jaden began as he appeared next to me but noticing the tense atmosphere he furrowed his brows and closed the door behind him as he entered.

"What's going on?" I asked. Ezekiel and Elize looked up at me, taking the pieces of paper from the others and handing them to me.

I looked at the pictures first, scanning each one in shock. The first was of Xander and Cairo in Italy that day, Xander covered in blood and Cairo holding a gun to someone's head. The second was of Nix buying illegal drugs. The third was of Remi taking a baseball bat to someones ribs. The fourth of me and Phoenix on the first mission we went on, holding blades that were soaked in crimson.

The next was of my dad and uncles having some sort of obviously illegal meeting. Eliza and Ezekiel were on the next photo, signing the contracts to an underground casino that broke almost every law. The last three were of Dalton, Aurora and Reid. Dalton that first day, slamming the boy's head into the tiles. Aurora talking to a boy on the football team while Reid slipped something into his drink which obviously killed him, taking into account the death certificate attached.

I gulped, glancing up at everyone else who seemed unnerved. I took the small piece of paper from the pile last, reading over the words.

I know what you did, and you're all going to pay for it.