fifteen

C A R T E R
The Final Day

After pulling the straps on my dress back up I stood up, waiting for Hayes to finish in the shower. Cairo had told us to meet him and the others outside so we could head back to campus, knowing that within the next twelve hours we would be in the back of a police car.

When Hayes walked out I smiled, a question slipping past my lips before I could stop it, "Are you worried? About going to prison?"

He glanced up at me, running a hand through his raven hair, "No. It'll seem like we're going to be in there a long time but once we get out it'll be like we were in there for no time."

I nodded, "How do you know we won't end up in there for life?"

Pessimistic bitch.

He rose a brow at my question, "Did you do something worse I didn't know about?"

I shrugged, smiling lazily, "Maybe."

He returned it, keeping his blazer hung over his shoulder as he leaned down to kiss me. I wanted to continue but we were rudely cut off by someone on the other side of the door.

"Stop making out and hurry up, imbeciles."

I rolled my eyes, pulling away from Hayes and met a disgusted Remi at the door. He stalked off, muttering some words under his breath and we followed him down until the others were in sight.

"Come on, we have things to do." Cairo started for the car, throwing his arm around Aaliyah's shoulder.

Nix chuckled, "I know, like getting arrested."

Cairo threw a glare back to him over his shoulder while Nix just smirked, taking a swig from the vodka bottle he had apparently pulled out of his ass at this point.

"Don't forget I'm the only one who can drive." Nix went to get in the drivers seat but was quickly pulled back by Xander who practically threw him in the back.

"You can't be dumb enough to drive drunk, dumbass." He rolled his eyes, shutting the door after he had got in next to Nix.

Cairo pulled onto the road and I smiled at Remi who looked like he was about to throw up, "Did that Calamari not go down so well?"

He scowled at me, opening his mouth to say something but instead he covered it with his hand and everyone suddenly went quiet, watching his moves carefully.

I leaned more into my seat as he quickly unbuckled his seat belt, crawling over Cody, me and then Hayes who was panicking which amused me. He rolled the window down, almost shoving Remi through it.

I laughed, earning a glare but it was cut short when Remi threw his hand back, accidentally slapping Hayes in the face.

"Give me a tissue for fuck sake, the human population is looking at me like I'm a deformed fish."

Rosalie pulled a pack from her pocket, throwing it back to me. I ducked my head when it hit Xander in the face, not knowing if it was on purpose or not. Either way I passed a tissue to Remi and he began moving back into the car.

At least until the window began closing.

Oh shit.