[11]

Julie's P.O.V.

I slam my hand against the desk, "This is ridiculous!"

"Ma'am, calm down," the woman behind the desk says.

"No! Dahlia has been in here for over three months now!" I shout. "She requested to go home three days ago. We can't see her! And you still haven't done shi-"

"Julie," my dad grabs my arm. "They haven't been allowed to release patients. And they're have been no visitors allowed."

"What are you talking about?" I ask, pulling my arm away from him.

"Honey, there was a suicide attempt," Dad explains.

"What? Who? Is Dahlia okay?" I ramble. "She's-she's not suicidal. She wouldn't-"

"It wasn't your sister sweetheart," Dad says, he rubs my arm for comfort. "But she saw the body."

"The body? Did-did they-?" I don't finish my question.

Dad shakes his head, "I don't know. But since I'm your sister legal guardian, I get to see her today. I need you to stay here and not start any fights."

"I'm going with you," I argue.

"Julie Santiago Molina, you listen to me," Dad scolds. "You will stay right here and wait for me to come back. Do you understand?"

"Dad-"

"Do you understand me?" He repeats.

"Yes," I nod.

He nods once and backs away from me. "I'll be back soon, Mija."

I watch as he removes his belt, his wallet, his cell phone, and his necklace and drops them into a bag. He changes his shoes before entering through the big metal gate and following a guard through the ward.

*****
Dahlia's P.O.V.

I sit on the floor in front of my door. I rest my hands in my lap, watching my finger twitch. I was dehydrated. That's what they told me.

They put me on a drip that was supposed to raise my blood pressure and hydrate me. I don't think it's been doing it's job. I don't feel any different on the loghtheadedness end. I just feel like my body's gone into sensory overload.

I'm over aware. I haven't slept since I woke up from that night. Not only are they no longer bringing me sedatives, but I can't stop thinking about Jake.

What the hell happened?

There is a soft knock on the door before it opens. Nurse Bohler steps in and smiles down at me kindly. "There's someone here to see you honey."

My dad walks into the room.

"Papa," I sigh, trying to stand. My head spins and Nina and Dad both lowered back to the ground.

"It's okay, Mija," Dad says, hugging me while I sit on the ground.

"Nina?" I ask. "Where's Jake?"

"Jake? Who's Jake?" Dad asks, looking up at Nurse Bohler.

"Mr. Molina, prehaps we should talk outside," Nina says. Dad follows her out the door and they starts talking quietly.

I lean forward and put my ear up to the door. I can barely hear them, but it's enough.

"Jacob McBridal -one of the patients here- had a suicide attempt three days ago," Nina says lowly. "That was the day you're daughter asked to go home. I didn't know that he was out in the hallway. I-I didn't even know they were friends."

"Neither did I," my dad responds. By the way his voice sounds, I can tell he is holding his hand over his mouth.

"If she still wishes to go home, she can," Nina says. "But it won't be until the end of the week and there will be a lot of therapy or medication or both following her release. As far as we're concerned, it may be better for her and for you if she stay here."

"I won't force her to stay here if she doesn't want to," Dad replies.

"Mr. Molina, as much as I would love to see Dahlia out of this place," Nina says lowly. "After what happened with Jake, I don't think she's ready. She's hurting. In too many ways. I know that it seems there are a lot of people here who are treating her as just another problem to solve, but I ensure you that I am doing everything I can to keep her safe. Keep her healthy."

"I don't doubt you, Bohler," my dad replies. "I just know that Dahlia doesn't belong here anymore if she has asked to not be here anymore."

"I'll do everything I can."

I pull away from the door and slide back toward my bed. I pull my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them.

I just want to go home.

A.N.

hi.

Everyone please go look at the last message I posted on my profile. Help spread awareness about April 24th

Thank you

-Redd