[30]

*um just be careful when you read this part cuz it gets a lil awko-taco

Luke's P.O.V.

I sit on the couch. I can't believe it's still here. Almost 26 years later. It has patches in it and a new cushion on one end, but it's the same couch. I run my hand over it.

"Wow."

I look up at the wall where layers of posters are stuck. It hurts to look at this place. It hurts to be here. I died here.

Maybe the fact that this is my -what?- third time reappearing here is proof that I have some healing to do. I close my eyes and shake my head. Maybe it's best if I find another time to think about these things.

I quickly poof out and in front of Dahlia's house. I walk toward the door and step through it. I quickly look around before rushing up the stairs and to Dahlia's room. She is laying in her bed, facing away from me.

"Hey," I whisper. I see her shuffle before she switches on the lamp by her bed. She wipes her eye before smiling at me.

"Hey."

"Did I wake you up?" I ask, walking toward the bed. She quickly moves her blanket over, letting me sit.

"No," she shakes her head. "I couldn't really get to sleep."

"It's like midnight," I laugh quietly. "How are you not sleeping?"

"I slept this afternoon," she answers. "And Julie isn't here so I just feel weird."

"Where's she?" I ask, looking over at Julie's empty bed.

Dahlia sits up all the way and pushes her hair out of her face. "She's staying at Flynn's. Reggie and Alex went with her, I guess. If not then I don't know where they are. But I haven't seen them since this morning."

"So we're alone?" I question, more to myself than to Dahl.

"Well, no," she whispers back. "My dad is downstairs and Carlos is right across the hall."

"And both of them are asleep by now," I smile. "So we're basically alone."

"Fine," Dahlia laughs. "We're alone."

"I don't know about you, but I don't think your dad would like it if he knew there was some teenage boy in your bed."

"Good thing he can't see you," Dahlia says, leaning closer to me.

(A.N. as far as you know Dahlia.... as far as you know)

"What's that look for?" I ask.

She shakes her head and whispers something that sounds like stupid boy before kissing me. Her lips are soft.

"What was that for?" I smile when she pulls away.

She doesn't answer me. Dahlia looks down at her hands before laying back down on her back. There's obviously something on her mind.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I wish that you were alive," she says quietly.

"But if I didn't die then I wouldn't have met you," I reply.

"But if you were alive right now, then we could-" she pauses.