Chapter 16

"So Toge, do you like Y/N?" My mom blatantly asked him.

I choked on my water that I was sipping at the moment and stared at my mom in astonishment. I saw Toge looking down, avoiding my mom's gaze and certainly knew he was also flustered at the question my mom threw at him. I cleared my throat in embarrassment and hunched my mom to make her stop her childish behavior.

"What? I was just wondering since you don't usually get guys around you", she said with a slight grin. She was definitely teasing me.

"Mom....Toge's like my best friend how can you possibly say that." I exhaled awkwardly.

The dinner table was silent as we continued to finish up our meals.

After the embarrassment washed over it was getting really late and Toge had to go so I walked him to the front gate. We didn't mutter a single word to each other but just walked silently to the dimly lit street. I turned to him and let out a sigh.

"I...." I was still speechless and couldn't come up with something proper to say to him. We both went through a lot today and there were so many emotions brewing in the atmosphere around us.

"It's okay" he replied with a chuckle as if he knew I was going to apologize. He turned his back and disappeared into the street ahead of us. I internally face palmed when I saw my mom as I went inside. She was a really chill person but if you anger her it was like hell was let loose. I sat next to her on the couch as she watched something on the television.

"How's work going mom?" I asked out of curiosity remembering how she talked about her 'boss' a lot.

She turned to face me with a tiny smile on her face. "It's actually going really good" she was looking down and I saw her face getting red.

"Is it your boss?" I asked knowing now that she probably liked him because of all the times she talked about him.

She looked at me stunned then her expression changed to relief.

"About that...he wanted to have dinner—All 3 of us" she said as she looked at me like if she also needed my approval.

"Dinner? With me included? Why? Wouldn't that be awkward for you?" -Y/n

"It's alright, at least you'll get to meet him. He was the one who suggested that you tag along. He's a good man and...he's actually very hot. Here's a pic."

The goddamn picture:

"Mom- how did you pull him?! Are you sure he isn't using you??" I questioned in amazement

"Mom- how did you pull him?! Are you sure he isn't using you??" I questioned in amazement. He was indeed fine and was way above my mom's standards but I guess there's a good reason why she fell for him.

"My charms I guess" she said with a smirk. We both broke out into laughter but then I remembered Gojo.

"You're totally over Mr. Satoru, right?" -y/n