Chapter 34

Everyday Toge would check up on me. He'd text and even bring dinner for me. It was a mystery how he was able to exit the compound without getting noticed by Charmy but it was much appreciated. I still couldn't talk to him normally and it was getting harder to stay in the house knowing my mom was never coming back.

Toge tried his best helping me but it seemed as though I only pushed him away. Everything reminded me of my mom and that day, everything.

When it was the day of her funeral less than 10 persons showed up. Of course Gojo and Nanami we're there; her old classmates and some other sorcerers were there also. We hadn't any other family so it was just me that was left. Toge came and paid his condolences and stayed with me.

I felt numb and didn't even cry when I saw her off. Gojo and Nanami finished off the rest of her burial and took care of most of the things. After everyone left Toge was the only one who stayed back to comfort me. Did he feel like he was obligated to stay by my side?

"You know, you can leave. You might just get into trouble because you're here with me. You know your grandma..." I said slyly. I didn't want him to get in trouble just because of me not being able to put my life together.

"Yeah but she won't be back until the day after next so I'll be alright. Plus I wanna spend more time with you..I did practically confess like a weeks ago." He said shyly while rubbing his head.

We were both sitting on the couch in silence but it wasn't an awkward one but a silence which we needed. Though we didn't speak much enough feelings were relayed through the silence and I finally made up my mind to tell him.

"Toge..Im leaving--"

"You're what? What do you mean? Leaving??" He frowned.

"I'm moving out..." he stared at me in awe.

"I don't think I can live here anymore. This place is suffocating and as much as I really like you and appreciate your presence, I still remember how I treated you and it hurts me. I can't bear it and I feel like I need some time away from here. I hope you understand..." I gave him an apologetic look in return.

It seems as though he understood and didn't question it which I was grateful for.

"When are you leaving?" He asked, catching me off guard. "I didn't really think about it but I guess when I'm finished packing." I responded quickly but hesitantly. Was he gonna let me go that easily...?

The way he looked at me made my heart break but staying might just make it worse on him. Why can't I decide?! I really want to leave this place but I want Toge—

"Call me when you're ready to leave. It would be rude if I don't see you off." He paused. "Even though this'll hurt so fu€king much" I heard him add but in a very low tone. Without thinking I pulled him into a warm embrace. I held onto him tightly knowing it might just be our last time being like this. Fu€k this hurts...

While I hugged him I could hear soft sobs coming from him and this just made me tear up too. I wanted to apologize to him for hurting him so much. I wanted him to tell me it was alright. I wanted to forget all the bad memories and only remember the good ones. I wanted too much from him which is why I needed time away from him, from all of this.

§

After a day of packing up everything I was ready to leave that place. I called a cab and it was on its way here. I was sure to call Toge also because if I didn't inform him it would probably trouble me for a while. He arrived before the cab came and was sitting with me at the front porch.

"So you've made up your mind" he said in slight despair. He wasn't looking at me, his eyes were just glued to the floor in front of him.

"Mhm. I'm sure you'll get along with everyone in class from now on since I won't be there. At least try to for me." -y/n

"You never really did confirm that you like me back you know." He was now grinning stupidly.

"What difference does it make now though. I won't—" I was interrupted by the horn of the car.

"Ah it's here. I have to go now..." I looked at him while he got up from the wooden porch. He was holding onto my hand as if he didn't want to let go. I looked at him and tears were in his eyes.

"As much as it hurts both of us, this is probably the right decision. I hope you'll live your life happily and not filled with regret. I have to go now." I turned around in the direction of the cab and began walking towards it. My feet were heavy as though it didn't want to leave.

"Y/n!" I swung around but before I could even face him properly I felt his lips crash into mine. My eyes widened but I couldn't bring myself to pull away. The kiss was soft and it felt good but sad.

Is this a goodbye kiss?

He was the one who broke it. He looked at me and gestured towards the cab door. At that point I wanted time to stop so that I could kiss him longer, so that I could admire his face longer, so that I could stay with him a bit more but the cab driver was getting impatient.

He helped me with my luggage and watched as I got in the car. I looked at the house one more time then looked at Toge.

"This is where we part ways I guess." 

"Goodbye Toge"

|A/N|
Hahaha it's the way I could literally end the story here...
I wouldn't though bc that'll just be a total ripoff for the both of us :) 
But I could...
We'll just have to see
Anyways stay safe!  ♥️✨