Chapter 58

"What are you doing here, Jeonghan?" Jun asked as Jeonghan came into the room, looking around as if searching for something.

"You know, you guys really should get better security," Jeonghan replied. "I walked in here without a problem. If I wanted to burn the place down, I could have."

"What do you want?" Jun asked again.

"Where's that girl?"

"What girl?"

"The girl who takes people's pain. Where is she?"

Jun froze. "What do you want with Larali?"

"I need her. I want to talk to someone, and I need that girl with me when I do," Jeonghan said.

"Well, you got some nerve walking in here asking for her like that!"

"Tell me where she is!" Jeonghan yelled, getting impatient. "Right now!"

"If you think I'm going to say anything to you..."

"Do you really want to be difficult?" Jeonghan spat. "Fine."

Jeonghan trudged over to where Arin was, grabbed her violently, and pulled her back close to his chest. His arm circled around her neck, restraining her.

"Get away from her!" Jun yelled, stepping forward, prepared to fight him.

He froze when Jeonghan pulled out a pocket knife and put it close to her face.

"One more step, and I'll maim her!" Jeonghan threatened.

"You wouldn't," Jun muttered with wide, afraid eyes.

"Try me." Jeonghan put the tip of the blade against her face. One small move, and it would have pierced her skin. It made Arin tremble.

Jun did not dare move. "Jeonghan... I think your curse is acting up," Jun said carefully. "Please, let her go, and then I can take you to Larali."

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Jeonghan spat. "And no, this is not my curse. I do not have to do this, but I want to. I need that girl! So don't make me hurt your new girlfriend, and just tell me where the girl is!"

"Okay, okay! I'll lead you to her!" Jun finally resigned. "But you are not going to hurt Larali, are you?"

"No, I don't plan to."

"Where will you take her?"

"None of your business."

"Will you bring her back?"

"I won't keep her prisoner," Jeonghan murmured. "I just need her for a day. After that she can do what she wants."

"What do you need her for?" Jun asked.

"I want to talk to my mother, and I can't do that unless I'm with that girl."

"Okay. Okay. You can do that. What about on the phone? Can you talk to your mother on the phone?"

"No! Just give me the girl!"

"We'll bring your mother here, and we'll let you speak to her, with Larali present, and you can talk to her."

Jeonghan's grip on Arin loosened a little. "Then do it. Arrange it, right now!"

"Okay," Jun said. He pulled out his phone. "I'm calling Dasinai right now! She'll give the orders, and we can do it, right now."

"I'm not letting go of the Missy until it's arranged!"

Jun dialled a number on his phone and put the phone to his ears. "Hello, Dasinai? Yeah, we got a little bit of a situation here..."