The First Night

Luke's POV

I have absolutely no clue how I got here. And at this point, I can't even think about it.

Without letting any more thoughts take over I slammed the door behind me, hopped on my bike, and started away from home.

I heard my mother's screams behind me and felt the beam of my dad's headlights on my back, but I couldn't turn back now. No way.

As I peddled down the street, my thoughts began to take over. Why did I leave? Was that really the best thing I could think of?

Interrupting my thoughts, I finally arrived at just the place I wanted to be. With tears in my eyes, I grabbed the studio doors and stepped inside. I ran over to the couch and pulled out my songbook. That is the only thing that seemed to calm me down.

"Hello?" speaks a soft voice from the loft.

"Alex?" I wipe my tears, trying to hide the hurt in my voice. "Wh- What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing" Alex responded as he made his way down the ladder. He started towards the couch I was on and even through the dim lighting, I saw the hurt on his face.

"Alex, are you okay?"

"Luke, I'm okay- well, I will be. But judging by the way you came in, you may not be. Do you want to talk about it?"

I pondered his question for a second. Do I want to talk about it? No, not at all. Should I? Probably. Maybe I could just brush it off. He probably doesn't even want to...

"Only if you want to, Luke" Alex clarifies.

"I don't know if I'm ready," I responded, embarrassed by the way Alex was seeing me.

Alex nodded. He understood. He sat down on the opposite side of the couch.

"Do you remember our first band practice?" He questioned.

My lips tugged into a faint smile. Of course, I did.

After my nodding response, Alex continues, "It was magical. We all just clicked. I wouldn't give it up for anything."

And that's just it. I wouldn't give it up for anything. As much as I loved my parents, my music, my band meant the world to me. How could I just give that up?

As if he saw my thoughts spirling, Alex added, "I couldn't ask for better bandmates. You guys are here when I need you the most. I don't know what I would do without you guys."

I smiled at Alex. No matter what, he can always cheer me up. That's something special about my best friend. I began to respond to Alex's comment but I looked up from my smile to see a nervous Alex pacing back and forth. I didn't even realize he got up from the couch.

"Alex," I start. Absolutely no response.

"Alex! Alex, what's wrong?" He looks up at me but continues walking from one side of the coffee table to the other, fidgeting with the rings on his hand. On instinct, I got up and grabbed his hand to keep him from twisting his rings. I looked up at him and he just looked at me, confused.
"Alex. What's wrong?"

With a stutter in his voice, he responds, "It's not really a big deal. Well- kinda, but I'm okay."

I nodded my head in reassurance.

"My parents blew up on me and kicked me out," he whispered.

My heart shattered for him. How could they do this to him? Why would they do this to him? I don't get it.

But I didn't need to get it right now, I didn't need to know. All I needed to do was help Alex.

I reached for his shoulders and I felt his tense body relax with my touch.

"It's okay, Alex. It will be okay," I reassured him as I pulled him in for a hug.

Hey Guys! I'm Katie! I really hope this is what y'all wanted and you guys enjoy it because this is my first time writing a fanfic, however, I am an expert at spending 10+ hours per day reading wattpad lolzzz ANYWAYS if you have any suggestions on the plot or any feedback for me with my writing it is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Also I will just be adding my favorite chowen pictures at the top of each chapter for fun cause they make me happy oop