Chapter 4: Meet My Girlfriend

"Mt. Gold?" Ash repeated with an intrigued look on his face. He never heard of that location in his entire life. "You mean, like Mt. Silver that borders the Kanto and Johto region?"

"Pika?" Pikachu squeaked.

Professor Oak nodded his head slowly. "It's a brand-new documented mountain recently discovered in close proximity to Mt. Silver by Kanto and Johto Geographers. We don't know how long it's been there, but one thing is for certain, it's not open to the public at all."

"It's said to be just as intense as Mt. Silver and is home to many vicious and high-leveled Pokémon such as Tyranitar, Gliscor, and Aggron," Gary added.

Ash raised an eyebrow and widened his eyes. "But Aggron aren't typically found in the Kanto and Johto regions-"

"True, but that was before Mt. Gold was discovered." Gary interrupted. The mahogany-haired teenager then clenched his fist. It was visibly shaking. He could feel the blood rushing through his veins.

"I'm going to Mt. Gold to train for the upcoming World Coronation Series tournament." Gary suddenly announced to Ash and Serena. This revelation caused both Ash and Serena to look at him with surprise and shocked faces.

Ash then noticed that Gary had a couple of suitcases, a leather bag, and his backpack on him. He noticed it before, but he honestly thought the Oaks were going on vacation or something.

Professor Oak slammed his hands on one of his desks harshly, causing Serena to flinch and clutch Ash's arm tightly. Ash and Gary didn't seem to be affected as they just turned around and stared at the professor. Ash had a confused expression, while Gary seemed more agitated.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Professor Oak roared. This side of the professor scared the heck out of Serena, while Ash flinched a bit. The professor rarely gets this angry or concerned for that matter. Gary just stared down at the elder professor with a neutral expression.

"And why not Grandpa?" Gary said with an irritated face. His teeth ground together as if he was snarling aggressively like an angered Houndoom.

"As I said earlier Gary, Mt. Gold is too dangerous! We don't even know much about the newly discovered mountain, except that there are savage and high-leveled Pokémon inhabiting that territory! We don't know what harsh conditions there are!" Professor Oak explained in an aggressive manner.

"Then that's a risk I'm going to take!" Gary declared with a fiery passion in his eyes.

"Umb! Breon!" Umbreon barked, sharing equal amounts of determination as to its trainer.

"Gary, are you sure you want to go through with this?" Ash questioned. "Why don't you train here at home like we've always done?" Ash then suggested. He may not know much about this Mt. Gold, but it seemed like a dangerous place if the professor was so worried about Gary going there.

Gary shook his head. "I've already made up my mind, Ash," Gary replied with a determined look. "This new place will help me train not only my Pokémon but also myself, while also providing me with the opportunity to test my strength and skills as a trainer and researcher."

"You really are as stubborn as your father..." Professor Oak said with a chuckle as he sagged down in his seat, exhausted from trying to persuade Gary not to go. Seems like his efforts were futile in the end.

"It's in our blood, Gramps. You can't deny that you would have done the same thing as me if you were my age." Gary reasoned.

Professor Oak chuckled amusingly. He couldn't disagree with his grandson. The rush for adventure and exploration embodied him as a child, just like his own father, and generations before that.