Chapter 9: Out of This World (Part I)

"ALOLA!!!~"

Ash, Serena, and everyone else were taken aback in surprise and nearly fell on the wooden floor. Ash had expected for his Alolan friends to be in the classroom, but he didn't expect them to pull off a surprise party for them yet again. Then again, he should have known this in hindsight since the people of Alola love to host celebrations and throw surprise parties for people. Especially Mallow and Lillie.

Ash smiled as for a moment, he remembered how he and his Alolan friends played a big role in preparing Professor Kukui's and Professor Burnet's wedding a couple of years back. In his opinion, it was an amazing wedding. He even got the honor of serving as the ring bearer. He thought it was amazing how the wedding was on the beach. It made him wonder how his and Serena's wedding would be like in the future.

"Wow, it's you guys!" Ash exclaimed in an excited tone, as he scanned the classroom. In the classroom were Mallow, Lana, Lillie, Sophocles, Hau, and even Rotom Dex. There were two other people present as well, whom he was unfamiliar with. Are they students at the school?

One of them was a boy with navy-black hair which was covered mostly by a red bucket hat with a black Poké Ball logo on it. He wore a light blue-colored tanktop, white swim shorts, and red/white colored shoes. The boy was about a few inches shorter than him.

As for the girl, she was similar in height to the boy and also has navy-black hair. Her attire consists of an orange shirt with straps, white shorts, and sandals. Her orange-colored shirt had red flower-like patterns and she also wore a straw hat with an Alolan flower decorated on it.

Before he could give it another thought and question who the new people were, he saw Lillie walk up to the group with a bright smile on her face.

"Welcome back, Ash! Professor Kukui called us and informed us of your sudden arrival to Alola." Lillie was the first one to formally greet the raven-haired Kantonian teenager. "So we decided to throw a little surprise for all of you."

"Sorry if it seemed rushed. It was kinda a last-minute decision." Mallow apologized as she sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck.

"Yeah, Mallow was the one who insisted on throwing a party. You know how she is..." Lana teased. This comment caused Ash and the others to chuckle. All except Mallow that is.

"Hey!" Mallow yelled at the blue-haired ocean lover, as she gave off a pout and crossed her arms. "You don't have to call me out like that, Lana..." She watched as Lana simply just stuck out her tongue in response.

Ash chuckled and grinned with slight amusement. "Well, it seems like you girls haven't changed."

"I certainly hope not. We just saw each other a few months ago." Lillie replied with a giggle. She then noticed a couple more familiar faces. "Oh, Goh and Chloe. Alola!"

"Alola, Lillie!" Goh and Chloe greeted her in return.

"Alola Ash! I hope you have been training since we last saw each other." Hau greeted as he fist-bumped with the person who beat him in the Manalo Conference a couple of years back.

"You bet, Hau!" Ash said as he grinned at the Alolan native and returned the friendly gesture.

"It's really great to see you all again," Mallow said to the group with a bright smile. However, her eyes then landed on a certain honey-blonde teenage girl, causing her smile to widen. Then a smirk appeared on her face right after. "Well, Ash, aren't you going to introduce us to her?" Mallow asked as she nudged Ash on the shoulder.

Ash nervously chuckled. He knew that the Alolan girls were going to freak out and fangirl when they learn that Serena is his girlfriend. Those three were basically like his sisters that would tease and annoy him every once and a while. Nonetheless, he knew he had to introduce Serena to all his friends eventually. It was time to cross his Alolan friends off that list.