Chapter One: A New Therapist, a New Start

"Talia to see Doctor Lector, please."

"Of course Miss Talia. Take a seat and he'll be with you shortly."

"Thank you."

The woman sat down, sighing as she brushed her maple brown hair over her shoulder and her stormy grey-blue eyes scanned the waiting room she sat in. She held her purse to her side and sighed, her eyes taking in as much detail as they could.

[What am I doing in a place like this?] She thought to herself a bit bitterly. [I thought I was over all of it! I thought I was fine!]

But the flashbacks and nightmares came back with a vengeance, and she knew she needed to get rid of them one way or another; unfortunately therapy was the only way to do it without going on medications again, and she hates medication. So that option was off the table.

[I don't want to feel like a freak by taking a lot of pills like I was 17 again... I hated that.] She once again started thinking to herself. [Am I just stuck to take therapy forev-]

A door opening interrupted her thoughts as her gaze immediately turned to it upon fearful instinct, revealing a man with very clean features and a charming smile on his face.

"You're Miss Talia, I presume?" He asked in a surprisingly warm tone unlike other therapists she's met with, besides her previous one.

"Um... Yes. Doctor Lector?" She replied a bit nervously.

"Yes," He replied with a nod. "Come with me, you're right on time."

She nodded and carefully stood from her seat, taking her purse with her as he gestured her through the door.

"There's no need to be nervous, Miss Talia." He commented in a somewhat comforting manner.

"You're my 4th therapist in my life, Doctor. I can't help it."

[Also, a man as my therapist makes me nervous too, given my history.] She thought, though a bit remorsefully.

"I assure you, I am not like your other therapists." He replied as he helped her into his office.

She let her eyes take in the room, and she was baffled by the size and beauty of it. The large window that brought in the sunlight beautifully, the lounging couch nearby two chairs facing one another, the desk and what she assumed was a piano next to one another, even a few bookshelves with a ladder leaning against them... All of this appealed to her Aesthetics so much that it almost physically hurt.

"Oh wow... I've never seen a therapist's office like this..." She said outloud.

"Like I stated; I'm not like your previous therapists. If you would please take a seat."

"Ah! Right! S-Sorry!"

She hurriedly set herself down in the chair that opposed his, setting her purse next to her in the seat she took. She didn't want to put it on the floor, she didn't trust him enough for that.

He took a seat in front of her, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, anything you say in this room will stay between us."