Chapter Four: Confrontation and a Dinner Party

Alise had a smile on her face as she came out of the office, her cheeks burning undeniably. She wasn't sure how she could process being on a first name basis with her therapist already, but then again; Pamela and her were on a first name basis within a month practically...

She was so caught up in her thoughts that she hardly noticed her newest friend Will Graham was right in front of her. They bumped right into each other, Alise yelping as she stumbled back and Will grunting softly. Will's soft yet slightly gravelly voice called out to her.

"Agh shit, I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going!"

"N-No, it's okay Will! I'm fine!" She responded, recognizing his voice immediately.

"Alise?"

He looked at her with surprise in those admittedly beautiful amber-hazel eyes he possessed, and she looked up at him with a smile. He gave her a once-over before looking to the therapist office he was all too familiar with.

"What uh... What're you doing over here?" Will asked with an air of suspicion in his voice.

"Oh, I was just leaving therapy this week." Alise answered casually.

Will's eyes widened as he looked to her again.

"Excuse me but... Therapy??" He asked in concerned shock.

"Yeaaah, the flashbacks and nightmares came back..." She crossed her arms over her chest as she explained it to Will. "I didn't wanna go on meds again and I asked around for a good, non-expensive therapist. Doctor Lector was the man I was recommended a lot, and so I gave it a shot in the dark."

"D-Doctor Lector?" Will's tone went from concerned to freaked out in an instant.

"Yeah! He's super helpful, and he's actually really easy to talk to! Have you talked with him before?" She tilted her head a little as she asked him that.

[Talked with him? More like confronted countless times by him!] Will thought to himself as he glanced to the side window for a moment.

"Uhh, yeah actually. I've worked with him before." He answered with a bitter steel in his tone.

"Really?! You've worked with Doctor Lector? That's so cool! I mean," Oh dear, here she goes with her rambling. "I knew when I met Crawford again after my court case years ago he worked with the FBI a little, but I had no clue you did too! I thought you were just a teacher or something but I guess I was wrong and-"

Will carefully placed his hands on her shoulders to calm her out of her rambling state.

"I am a teacher who occasionally works with the FBI like Doctor Lector does. I teach crime scene investigation and younger agents who want to get into police work with the FBI." He thought for a moment and corrected himself. "Well, technically I'm a Professor, but still."

"Tomato to-mat-o, Will." She laughed when he explained.

"Uhh, yeah... I guess."

"Anyways, I really should head home; I've got a party to get ready for this week!~" Alise stated cheerfully.

"Wha-eh... Alise, you hate parties. You have social anxiety." Will said in an obvious tone of panic.