[4] Chinese Pizza

Sofi's POV

As we got into his car my heart began to race because I got in on the wrong side. "Oh I didn't know you could drive Australian cars." He said through my window. "Sorry not used to it yet."

We finally got situated and he turned on the radio. It was my favorite song "Afire Love" by Ed Sheeran. I hummed along.

"Do you like this song?" I nodded still humming and tapping my finger. "Well in that case I might have to note that." I smiled at the fact I knew he was a music fanatic like me.

We came upon a small restaurant. The sign said "Jim's Chinese Palace". I like Chinese but I've never had Jim's Chinese food.

The place reeked of sweat and meat. The staff are running around waiting on people the chefs come out sweaty and full of food particals.

"Don't worry this is the 'lower class' part of the restaurant." he put air quotes around lower class. A boy about our age came to show us to our table. He led us to this out door table with a koi pond in the background.

"Oh it's beautiful. And here I thought you had bad taste in this stuff." He chuckled.

He pulled out the chair for me and I sat down. "Your food will be here in a few moments." said the boy. What? We didn't even order yet. "I ordered ahead of time, I hope you don't mind." I'm glad he did cause I didn't even know what to order.

The boy came back with a big plate and set it down. "Thanks Cal, I don't know how I could've done this with out you." said Micheal. He rolled his eyes and left.

The food was covered by a sheet. "I know this is a Chinese place but they make the best." He said uncovering a pepperoni pizza. I laughed. "So tell me. Who is Sofi. . . God I don't even know your last name." he said with a mouthful. "Well my full name is Sofia Rose Emerson. My brother's name was Andrew and then there's Ashton. Andrew was the one who died in the accident, Ashton is. . . Who knows where I haven't seen him since the funerals."

"Have you ever tried to find Ashton?" He asked still shoving pizza in his mouth. "Well he didn't want to live with me and Alyssa so he went off to pursue his music dream. I tried to beg him to stay but he's too stubborn."

Micheal put up a finger indicating for me to wait for him to finish his pizza. "So how about your old friends." I haven't thought about them for a while now.

"Um I had 5 friends. We were the quiet people in school. Except for Austin he was the hot one in school and everyone wondered why he hung out with us." He just looked at me and chuckled. "Did you guys do that thing where you go to the movies and sit in different areas and then text each other to irritate other people."

He was extremely smart. "You are a mind reader."

"Seriously you do know that I just took a random guess." I laughed a laugh I never heard before and I covered my mouth. "So tell me what's your favorite animal?" Why would he ask a simple question like that.

"Um maybe a penguin or peacock." He nodded. "I have a friend who loves penguins too." "Does his name happened to be Luke." I joked. "Actually yeah how did you guess." He said straitening up. "Really cause he's my neighbor and friend too. Small world."

We got done with our pizza and left for the movie. We came to a small house about two stories. "Where are we?" I asked. "My house, the movie I want us to see isn't in theaters anymore." He got out of the car and I did too. As I got the door open he suddenly closed it, then reopened it. "Sorry, it's my duty to be a gentleman" I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Once we got into the house it was really quiet. "Do you live alone?" He led me to the tv room. "No my mum is just out." He grabbed a movie and put it in. I awkwardly sat on the love-seat. Michael curled up next to me. As soon as the movie started I knew it was Anchorman 2. I had already seen it so I will most likely fall asleep. But I went ahead and watched any ways.

I didn't even make it half way through before I feel asleep.
________________
_______
I woke to Michael snoring slightly on my shoulder. I didn't really know what to do and I didn't know where the bathroom was so I just sat there and checked my phone.

I had an enormous amount of texts and calls from Alyssa. Damn it! I should've texted her. I sent her saying:
Hey sorry I feel asleep at Michael's while watching a movie

I went back to sleep for what seemed two minutes but was really an hour. He stood in the kitchen in his boxers. "Morning sleeping beauty." I wasn't really comfortable that night because of my jeans. "You didn't even bother me to change." I groaned. "Well you looked so peaceful."

I smiled."Where is your bathroom?" "It's upstairs through my room and the smallest door that isn't a closet." He probably only told me where his is because he wanted to me to see his room.

I walked into a surprisingly clean room with only pizza by the the tv. I was honestly scared to see his bathroom but it was just like mine. It had candles and well there was the occasional boxers but overall it was clean.

I got done changing and went back down. "Do you like Nutella?" ,he asked.
"No I love Nutella I used to ask for it and my parents said no because I would just eat the jar in a day." I said grabbing the Nutella and a spoon.

After a while we ended up in his room on his bed. "So tell me about Ashton?" He asked. "Well he was a ball of fun. He used to wake me up every morning. The only time he was sad was because I was sad. But after the accident he kind of became suicidal because he thought if all life leads to is death then what's the point." I explained. Michael seemed to be taking in every letter.

"Do you ever want to see him again?" He asked. "Well yes but no cause he didn't even know what I was going through, I needed the only brother I have." I wasn't sad really more like mad.

"Do you want to play video games?" He asked."Well I've never really played before." I did once but I was 8. "I'll show you." He said putting a game in."This is to shoot, this is to walk and that's to change guns." The game started and I was nervous I get paranoid and nervous easily. "Get in the buggy, Sofi press the triangle!" I'm glad he wasn't angered with my lack of knowledge.

After a few hours the door rang. "Sofi could you get that I'm trying to kill this thing." I laughed. I got to the door and and opened it.

"Sofi what are you doing here?", the man standing in front of me said. "I should ask the same, Ashton."

A/N

I hoped you liked this, the book is finally picking up. I only update if people read so if you want more frequent updates share this book.

Btw when they ended up on his bed I hope you know that they didn't have sex or anything they just talked. And I really like Nutella and ,the reason I never get it is in the chapter, so I needed to add it.

Ily vote comment and shit =^.^=