Chapter 41

Shuijing

We stayed there for a couple of hours and I basically told her everything from what Auntie Jade and Uncle Liu told me to what Meizuo and Ximen had dug up.

"It must have been tough for you when you found out.." She trailed off, looking at me with pity in her eyes as I held back my tears and gave her a small smile.

"Yeah.. 23 years. I guess that explains why 'dad' never seemed to like me. But I was lucky with my 'mom' and Jing, they didn't treat me any different even if I wasn't related to them. Nevertheless, they gave me a good life and I grew up okay." I reassured her and she smiled gratefully.

"I'm glad Jing and Mrs. Tengtang treated you well and I'm glad that they gave you a good life despite the circumstances." She said as she sipped her drink.

"Sooyeon.." I asked as she hummed in response.

"Do you think my 'parents' may have had something to do with my disappearance?" I timidly asked and she sighed.

"I don't want to say something about them but I do suspect that Mr. Tengtang may have had something to do with it and fabricated a story to tell your employees as well as your sister Jing. If I understood correctly, she was still young when you were taken in right?" She asked and I nodded.

"Shuijing, I don't want to pressure you or anything but would you be willing to take a DNA test?" She asked and I looked at her silently.

"I- I understand if you don't-" She said in a weak voice but I interrupted her.

"Can I have some time to think about it?" I asked and she offered me a smile and nodded in response.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I arrived at Mingde and headed for the boys' classroom. I assumed classes were over but I stopped a fellow student just to be sure.

"Um.. excuse me?" I asked as I tapped the boy's shoulder making him face me with a red face.

"S-S-shuijing! Um.. wh-what can I help you with?" He stammered as his friends stifled their laughter.

"Have you seen the F4 by any chance?" I asked and he nodded.

"Y-yes. They are in classroom T-8. J-just go straight then turn left on that corner." He answered, pointing me in the right direction.

"Oh, I see. Thank you!" I smiled at him before walking away. I laughed as I heard his friends telling him how lucky he was to have talked to Tengtang Shuijing.

I walked inside the empty classroom and saw the boys, minus Ah Si, packing their things. Ximen turned his head and gave me a smile while waving, prompting Meizuo to smile and meet me halfway as I walked down the steps of the aisle. He took my hand in his and lightly kissed my cheek in greeting as we walked down to where Ximen and Lei were.

"Hey. Shui. So how'd it go?" Ximen asked, playing with a deck of cards as I leaned against Meizuo who pulled me closer to him.

"Later." I said before turning to Lei.

"Lei, what's going on?" I asked, turning to the person in question.

"What do you mean?" He answered calmly and I sighed.

"Why are you suddenly pursuing Shancai?" I asked again and he sighed before facing me.

"I like her. Ah Si doesn't want anything to do with her and I don't want to see her cry again." He explained and I smiled sadly. I understood that he wanted to protect Shancai but I was sad that Ah Si was giving up on her.