Chapter 30

Meizuo

I was meeting up with Caina to talk about our relationship. I was waiting for her at a bar we frequented.

"Meizuo!" She called out as I looked up from my drink and smiled as she walked over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked as she sat beside me.

"Caina, you know I like you right?" I said and she nodded.

"I like you too Meizuo. A lot in fact." She confessed and I smiled.

"But not completely." I stated and her eyes widened.

"W-w-what are you talking about? Of course, I do-"

"I know you're still in love with your ex no matter how much you claim to hate him." I say and she grows silent. I grasp her hand.

"It's okay Caina. I understand." I comforted.

"It's not just me isn't it?" She said which made my face scrunch up in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're in love with someone else too. Aren't you Meizuo?" She teased and I laughed.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked and she nodded.

"So who's the lucky girl?" She asked and I blushed. She laughed.

"Would it happen to be that girl who I competed against the contest?" She asked and I laughed.

"No no! Shancai's is Ah Si's girlfriend or at least Ah Si assumes she is." I joked and she laughed.

"So who is- Oh, wait. Is it her? That girl who sat with your friends? She's Tengtang Jing's sister isn't she?" She said and I nodded with a smile.

"She's beautiful Meizuo and she seems like a great girl." She commented and I nodded in response.

"She is but I'm too late. She already likes someone else." I stated sadly and she gave me a comforting smile.

"You love her don't you?" She asks and I nod.

"So much. I don't know what I'd do without her." I confessed sincerely.

"Then fight for her. She needs to know how much you love her." She says and I shook my head.

"I'm scared of losing her. If I really tell her how I feel, I'll lose her. She's my best friend and I don't wanna lose our friendship over that." I said.

"Meizuo if you don't act now, you'll really lose her. Think about it can you really stand to see her being with another guy?" She asked.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shuijing

I was meeting Shancai and Xiaoyou at the tea shop where they worked and Shancai was having trouble picking out Ah Si's gift for his birthday that was happening tonight. I had a few hours to spare and she was desperate.

"Shuijing, what would he like?" She asked me as Xiaoyou gave me my order.

"Shancai even if you give Ah Si a keychain from an amusement park, if it's from you, he'll die of happiness." I teased and Xiaoyou laughed.

"Shuijingggg. I'm serious!" She whined and I laughed as I sipped my milk tea.

"Wait a minute. Didn't you win the special prize at the Chinese Cuisine Culinary Competition? Any dish you cook must be valuable." Xiaoyou pointed out and I nodded.