Chapter 33

Shuijing

I didn't know what was happening.

I couldn't understand why I was sitting on a bench in the park or why my heart was breaking. I didn't understand why tears kept falling from my eyes or why people passing by were staring at me.

Though I think it may have to do with me wearing a 379 million dollar dress. I didn't know how long I sat there, just crying my eyes out.

I looked around and proceeded to walk away when I heard someone calling me.

"Shuijing!"

I turned around and saw Meizuo, out of breath, and running towards me. My eyes widened and I quickened my pace but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he grabbed both my arms and made me face him, his eyes full of sorrow.

"I-I can't stay here Zuo. I can't.." I said as tears threatened to spill over my eyes for the nth time tonight. He didn't say anything as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in a tight hug. I tried to keep it in but the dam burst. I sobbed as I tightly hugged him back as he continued to rub my back.

"I'm here Shui.. I'm here." He said as he placed a small kiss on the side of my head.

After a few minutes, I stopped crying as Meizuo led me back to the bench. He shed off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders. I smiled and leaned into him as I wrapped my arms around him.

"So.. where is everyone?" I asked and he sighed as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Probably at the bar, waiting for news about you. Ah Si had to hold back Shancai from fighting with your parents. I swear that girl is a human firecracker." He said and I laughed.

"How long have I been gone?" I asked.

"About an hour and a half. When we couldn't find you after 30 minutes, Ah Si almost called the national police to look for you and I agreed but Lei told us to calm down. Ximen took Xiaoyou, Li Zhen, and Qinghe home and Shancai stayed with Lei and Ah Si." He explained and I nodded.

"Oh and Jing's been calling you for the past hour but she said you weren't answering." He said and my eyes widened as I reached for my phone in my purse to see at least 20 missed calls and 30 messages from Jie asking where I was and that she was sorry. Does that mean she knew?

"Are you okay?" He asked and I sighed as I closed my phone and placed it back in my bag.

"I just.. I don't know. I'm still confused but hey. what a way to celebrate my 22nd birthday huh?" I forcefully joked and he frowned before moving away and getting up.

"What?" I asked, confused. He just smiled and held out his hand which I took as I stood up.

"Come on." He said as he pulled me with him as he walked.

"Where are we going?" I asked and he turned back slightly and smiled.

"I haven't given you my birthday present yet." He said with a wink and I lightly laughed as I followed him to his car.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meizuo drove us to this building that was very dimly lit which made me slightly suspicious.

"Zuo, why is it so dark here?" I asked as I unbuckled my seatbelt and stared at the building in confusion.

"Just trust me okay?" He said as he smiled.

"Feng Meizuo, I'm warning you. If this is a goddamn horror maze, I'm never speaking to you again." I threatened as I pointed a finger at him which he laughed at.