Chapter 28

Shuijing

It had been a few days since we came back from Canada and I had also gone back to Shanghai. My parents have been pestering me non stop about Jongin so I was meeting him today. He said he wanted to talk to me about something. I was waiting for him at a cafe he frequented.

I was wearing a white collared long-sleeved button-up top tucked into a three-toned leather fringe mini skirt and some brown suede high heeled ankle zip-up boots. I carried a big brown clutch which was on my lap as I drank my coffee. I heard the door of the cafe open, the bell attached to it ringing which made me turn my head to see Jongin stepping inside with a smile on his face as he made his way over to me.

"Hey! Sorry. Did you wait long?" Jongin said as he sat across from me.

"Not really. It's fine Jongin." I reassured him as I gave him a smile which he returned.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as I sipped my coffee and reached over for my cake.

"Well..I uh.." He trailed off, stirring his coffee nervously. I was confused as to why he was acting this way.

"Is something wrong Jongin?" I asked. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"WillYouGoOutWithMe?" He rapidly said in one breath and my eyebrows quirked up in confusion.

"What?" I asked as I blinked. He took another deep breath and looked at me.

"Will you go out with me?" He asked and I stared at him.

"Aren't we already going out?" I said and he laughed.

"No. I meant seriously go out. I want to date you as Shuijing, not as the girl I'm being forced to date." He seriously said. I didn't say anything and continued to stare at him.

"Jongin.." I started and he sighed and grabbed my hand across the table.

"I know that you've been in love with Meizuo ever since you two were kids and I know it's hard for you to look at someone else but I'm willing to take a chance." He said sincerely and I gave him a weak smile.

"Will you give me a chance to?" He asked and I smiled wider and nodded. He laughed and smiled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After we had a mini date, Jongin dropped me off at home and Jie was calling me.

"Hello? Jie?" I answered.

"Meimei! How are you? How's everyone?" She said cheerfully.

"Everyone's great! How are you Jie? Where's that fiance of yours?" I teased.

"He's great meimei! Too bad you didn't get to meet him while you were here.. But anyway, let's talk about more important things." She said and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"More important things? Like what Jie?" I asked and she laughed a little.

"You and Meizuo. How's it going with you two?" She teased and I sighed.

"Nothing Jie." I said.

"What do you mean nothing?" She asked.

"Nothing's going on Jie. He's got his eye on of the competitors in the Chinese Cuisine Culinary Competition." I said and she hummed.

"Zhou Caina was it?" She asked and I hummed in agreement.

"She's perfect jie. She's beautiful, intelligent, bubbly and-she caught Zuo's attention and his heart which is something I'll never get." I said sadly.