Part 5

This idea is still pretty all over the place in my head so this may come out as unorganized and confusing but read anyways, pls? Also, I'm Canadian so I don't know if this also applies to Japanese students but uh yea. Another to note, in this one shot, Hinata is fluent in English but his grammar isn't really good (cuz grammar sucks and can be confusing as heck).  

After middle school graduation 

The trio were sitting under a tree, each with a popsicle in their hands when Izumi randomly blurted out, "We should apply for the same place for community hours." 

They were previously talking about what clubs they'd join once they reached high school so it was kind of random to suddenly talk about community hours. There was a pause as Hinata and Kouji processed the topic change. 

"Oh yeah... I forgot we had to do community hours." Hinata said with a frown on his face. 

Kouji sighed, "It might be more managable if we chose one together though. We have to get at least 40 hours in, right?" 

"Yep! And I think I know where we can volunteer. There's this orphanage near this school and it's mostly kids ages 7-11 with a few toddlers. The best thing is that they're short on voluteers so it shouldn't be hard to get in. It doesn't really matter what time we drop in but I was thinking we could do 12-3 pm together on weekends, but you can do earlier or later.  We can go there if there's nothing we can think of that's easier." Izumi explained. 

"That's not that hard..." Hinata started, "I mean, we already have siblings we take care of ." 

Kouji hummed in agreement, "So it's decided then. " 

The other two nodded and they spent the rest of the time talking and reminiscing the memories they had at the school. It was going to be sad, having to graduate and meet new friends all over again. The three were ready to face the future though they knew that it was going to be different from what they were used to, especially since they were all splitting up. Hinata was going to the Karasuno, Kouji was staying in the area, and Izumi was moving to a different prefecture. 

With promises that they'd be keepng close contact and keep the others updated on their lives, they said their tearful (in Hinata's case) goodbyes, already talking about how they were going to meet up again at the same time next month. 

Back to the present

As previously discussed, they all went to the orphanage to do their community hours. There, they shared their interests, hobbies and favorite songs. Everyone bonded and it wasn't long before Izumi, Hinata, and Kouji were referred to as "Big Brother". They even got to raise enough money to get some costumes so they could do a shorter, censored and Japanese version of the musical, Hamilton (I'm sorry I'm obsessed with it). It was originally going to be just for fun before Izumi had the brilliant idea to turn it into yet another fundraiser. 

The idea was initially shot down as it would take a lot of time to actually perfect it becuase it was performed in front of a live audience. There were also a lot of kids coming in and going out. Then, there was the problem that the trio were all in different places.  However, after about 2 weeks of non-stop planning between the adults, the other volunteers and the teens, they managed to find a solution. Each teen would have to cut back on their club activities or at least stop going overtime. They would also have to help out at least every other day. This was the best and easiest solution to do. Although the teens were reluctant, they realized that with this fundraiser, they could find foster homes for the kids. 

Hinata, Izumi, and Kouji's school started at 8am and their morning practise started at 7-7:30am. Hinata would usually arrive half an hour early with Kageyama at 6:30am but because of the musical, he would have to forfeit the races for a whole month. They thankfully didn't have any training camps for the month and since the kids at the orphanage were bored, they mostly just practised the musical all day. Thanks to the previous fundraiser, they managed to purchase a stage in the orphanage and the kids would be sent to either Hinata, Izumi, Kouji or the 3 adults' homes for the time being.