01. Kebab mein Haddi

Off-track shot- set a few years after the show ended (non-redux).

"That's the last of today's meetings." muttered Shivaay, walking out of his study with a huff.

He had a pounding headache and he knew that despite the 'medicine shop' as his mother liked to call it he had stocked in his room, only his Annika would be able to help. Hoping against hope that their son and daughter were asleep. He opened the door to his room smiling when he found his wife on the bed watching some useless TV show with bated breath. Quickly peeping into the cot beside their bed as he pecked her cheek, Shivaay was glad to see that little Aarav and Sia were sound asleep, hands clasped in each other's.

Sighing in relief he plopped unceremoniously down on the bed, leaning his head into Annika's shoulder and peppering her cheek with continuous kisses, trying to get her attention.

"Tired?" she asked, hand finding his and rubbing her soft thumb over his knuckles.

"Very." he replied, still not letting up on the kisses.

She giggled as his beard grazed her jaw and finally giving in, pecked him back.

"Happy now?"  

Shivaay grinned ruefully, "Happiest."

Laughing at the boyish grin plastered on his face Annika got up to check the crib once again. Shivaay followed suit, slipping an arm around her waist and pulling her flush against his chest. "They're fast asleep babe. Let them be and just spend some time with your bechara husband." he muttered, smirking as he saw her cheeks heating up.

"You're blushing!" he breathed, voice husky.

"No I am not, Mr. Oberoi. You're being delusional." she said turning to face him, eyes full of mirth.

"I can prove you are." he said, annoyed slightly. So she wanted to play, well he'd show her.

"Go on then, try it."

"You sure darling?" he moved closer, eyes locked with hers.

"Ye..yes." stammered Annika.

At that moment, the door flung open with a bang and in walked Rudra, looking away almost instantly. "Oh god!" he yelled, "Not again, this is the 300th time I've walked in on you both."

Shivaay and Annika moved a little apart yet Shivaay's hand did not budge from Annika's waist.  Rudra turned around again relieved"Bhabii, wo actually Dadi was calling you and Gauri bhabi.  Bhavya's waiting for you two in her room."

Shivaay groaned. "Tell her that Annika's busy Ru" he said, as she smacked his arm. Rudra laughed at his brother's expense. "I can tell her you said that bhaiyya, no problem."

"I'll be there in a few Rudra, don't mind Shivaay, there's a reason I call him Sadu Singh Oberoi anyway."

Rudra chuckled, winking at them before leaving the room, no doubt rushing to tell Om what had just happened so the pair could later pull their brother's leg.

"Why are they so many  kebab mein haddi's in this house?" Shivaay all but whined.

Annika merely laughed, pecking his cheek one final time before heading out to meet Dadi.

A/N:

Soo, first chapter and my first attempt at a Ishqbaaz story. Much longer than a drabble, so let's call it a one-shot. Hope I didn't disappoint considering I haven't written in around 6 months.

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter, it really does help. Constructive criticism is always welcome :)

Thank you for reading, stay safe.

lots of love,

writinganewtale.