35. Jealousy Jealousy - Part I

Off-track shot, university AU. Requested by @bla_reader, I combined two of the ideas you suggested & i'm so sorry this is dead late but I hope you like it <33

Shivaay's life revolved around his family. His brothers were the center of his universe and his sister was his guiding light. Nothing made him happier than sitting by the poolside having coffee with OmRu and discussing their days, a long standing tradition now or even shopping with Prinku, bending to her every whim and fancy if it meant that dazzling smile stayed intact.

The day Shivaay left for Harvard had been tough. Rudra had refused to look at him all day, while Prinku coaxed him out of his misery and Om helped Shivaay check the last of his packing. They came to see him off at the airport and it was Rudra who broke down first, nearly cracking Shivaay's bones in his typical bear hug, eventually joined in by Om and Prinku.

He kissed the top of their heads, gave Om a brief hug and whispered, "Look after each other, I'll see you soon."

And just like that, Shivaay was gone, off to live arguably the best years off his life. Things in Oberoi Mansion turned rockier than ever but Om made resolutely sure that nothing hampered his brother's time and did his best to manage their feuding family. Whenever Shivaay visited, he Rudra and Prinku were inseparable, the brothers camping out in the guest room for days. This was their time, just the Oberoi siblings and none of the rest of the world. Two years seemed to fly by and it was the day before Om's graduation.

"I'm so proud of you Om! You've worked so hard and its finally paying off!" Shivaay said, beaming at his brother.

"Bhaiyya are you crying?" Rudra asked slyly.

Shivaay's eyes were shining in the little window on the phone, "Of course I'm not. I'm happy, Rudra, rare as that is."

Priyanka giggled, "I wish aap bhi yaha hote bhaiyya, we would've celebrated Om bhaiyya's graduation OBro's style. Dad's throwing a party and everything but it's not like any of us care about it. Humari party toh simple hai, just us, your famous cheesecake and a movie."

"I know Prinku, but my assignment is due the day after and this is 10% of my final grade," he focused on Om, "tera kal bohot important din hai and since I can't be there myself, I'm sending over a little something for you! I'm so proud of you my shining star."

"I know, I'm gonna miss you." Om said sadly.

"Offo, ye happy atmosphere suddenly tragic kaise ho gaya yaar!" Rudra whined.

"Sorry your highness," Shivaay smiled at the camera, "go have lunch now, I can hear Dadi screaming. Sleep on time, we wouldn't want our Zulfi Oberoi's hair to be anything but perfect tomorrow. And Ru, video call me when you're there alright. I may not be able to be there physically but there's no chance I'm missing out."

"Yes Sir," Rudra did a mock salute, "good night bhaiyya. Love you."

"Love you guys." Shivaay said as he cut the call. He glanced up at the clock on the wall and leant back, closing his eyes. After all he still had two hours before he had to leave.

-------------------------------------------

Shivaay was highly sleep deprived by the time he got in the car, Khanna had arrived to pick him up as expected and Shivaay could not believe how glad he was to see his Head of Security. They were on the way home, when the brakes screeched and the car halted suddenly.

"What's wrong Khanna?" he asked

Khanna pointed up ahead and Shivaay groaned. If there was one thing he did not miss about home, it was the random people always in a hurry to cross the streets. He lowered the window, intending to ask the person to move ahead but found himself speechless.